Marvel Universe was a programming block that aired on Disney XD, consisting of material based on properties originated by Marvel Comics. It was discontinued in 2015, though the remaining shows continue to air under the banner of Marvel on Disney XD.The block featured animated series, shorts such as Marvel Mash-Up, as well as behind-the-scenes looks at the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The block's shows exist within their own self-contained universe/canon continuity (which may or may not be part of the Disney Channel Live-Action Universe, since Ultimate Spider-Man crossed over with Jessie in one episode).Compare to DC Nation, a similar, short-lived block on Cartoon Network that consisted of material originated by DC Comics. Not to be confused with Marvel's published universe.Shows featured on this block include:
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
- Avengers Assemble
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2015)
- Gag Dub / Stock Footage: In the vein of Sealab 2021, the comedic Marvel Mash-Up shorts use animation from older series such as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
- Oddball in the Series: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (which aired its first season before this block premiered) boasts a completely different visual style, a mostly different set of voice actors, and a more mature tone than the other cartoons featured.
- Wolverine Publicity: True of most The Avengers, but especially the Hulk. He not only gets his own cartoon, but also a lead role in Avengers Assemble, and has been the Avenger with the most guest appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man.