Western Animation: Marvel Universe
Marvel Universe is a programming block that airs on the Disney XD, consisting of material based on properties originated by Marvel Comics.The block contains contains animated series, shorts such as Marvel Mash-Up, as well as behind-the-scenes looks at the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Not to be confused with Marvel's published universe. It does exist as its own self-contained universe/canon continuity, and now that Ultimate Spider-Man crosses over with Jessie it also exists as a part of the Disney Channel Live-Action Universe. Compare to DC Nation, a similar, short-lived block on Cartoon Network that consisted of material originated by DC Comics.Shows featured on this block include:
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
- Avengers Assemble
- Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (upcoming, announced at New York Comic Con 2014 and set for 2015 release)
- Gag Dub / Stock Footage: In the vein of Sealab 2021, the comedic Marvel Mash-Up shorts use animation from older series such as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
- Oddball in the Series: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (which aired its first season before this block premiered) boasts a completely different visual style, a mostly different set of voice actors, and a more mature tone than the other cartoons featured.
- Wolverine Publicity: True of most The Avengers, but especially the Hulk. He not only gets his own cartoon, but also a lead role in Avengers Assemble, and has been the Avenger with the most guest appearances on Ultimate Spider-Man.