is a programming block that airs on the Disney XD
, consisting of material based on properties originated by Marvel Comics
The block contains contains animated series, shorts such as Marvel Mash-Up
, as well as behind-the-scenes looks at the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Not to be confused with Marvel's published universe
. It does exist as its own self-contained universe/canon continuity, and now that Ultimate Spider-Man
crosses over with Jessie
it also exists as a part of the Disney Channel Live-Action Universe
. Compare to DC Nation
, a similar block on Cartoon Network
that consists of material originated by DC Comics
Shows featured on this block include:
- Animation Age Ghetto: Jeph Loeb has gone on record stating that Ultimate Spider-Man is specifically aimed at children, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. has been described as being Lighter and Softer as well.
- Dueling Blocks: With DC Nation, fittingly enough. Disney/Marvel officially won when Cartoon Network financially wrote off a Batman cartoon, despite comic book adaptations being literally the hottest thing in entertainment today, and Batman himself being a successful television staple since the 1960s.
- Gag Dub / Stock Footage: In the vein of Sealab 2021, the comedic Marvel Mash-Up shorts use animation from older series such as Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
- Oddball in the Series: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (which aired its first season before this block premiered) boasts a completely different visual style, a mostly different set of voice actors, and a more mature tone than the other cartoons featured.
- Recursive Adaptation: Each show in this block has a series of tie-in comic books.
- Wolverine Publicity: True of most The Avengers, but especially the Hulk. He not only gets his own cartoon, but also a lead role in Avengers Assemble, both of which are airing together.