The Jimmy Timmy Power Hours
Jimmy: Jimmy Neutron, boy genius.
Timmy: Timmy Turner... boy!
—The title characters introducing themselves to each other
are a trilogy of hour-length specials produced for and aired on Nickelodeon
in 2004 and 2006. As suggested by the title, they are a series of Crossovers
between two of the network's most popular cartoons, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron
and The Fairly Oddparents
It all starts in the first special, when Timmy, in need of a good science project, wishes to go to the greatest lab in the universe, and Cosmo and Wanda transport him to Jimmy Neutron's secret lab. An accidental meeting between the two results in Jimmy getting transported to Timmy's world, where he mistakenly believes Cosmo and Wanda are holographic supercomputers (because he thinks Timmy is also a genius), and Mr. Crocker steals his transportation device, which he then uses to take over Fairy World. Back in Retroville, Timmy develops mutual affections for Cindy Vortex and accidentally turns Goddard into a killer robot. The boys eventually manage to solve their respective problems and return to their own worlds, and all ends well...
...Until two years later, when the second installment, When Nerds Collide!
, came out. Timmy is looking for a date for the Friday the 13th school dance, and since Trixie Tang
isn't around for him to unsuccessfully ask out, he goes to Retroville again, this time taking Cosmo and Wanda with him, so he can get Cindy to go out with him. This naturally does not sit well with Jimmy. As if that weren't enough, Professor Calamitous is on the loose again, and so are the Anti-Fairies.
Finally, in the third special, The Jerkinators!
, Timmy and Jimmy put aside their differences and start hanging out together. They grow bored with their outmatched villains and create a new villain to fight. But things take a turn for the worse when this new villain, named Shirley
, steals Cosmo and Wanda's magic powers and Jimmy's intelligence!
Outside of these specials, Jimmy and Timmy would join forces a few more times in the Nicktoons Unite
video games. See also Rugrats Go Wild!
for another Nicktoon crossover.
Not at all to be confused with Jimmy Neutron Happy Family Happy Hour
, though the name was likely inspired by this.
These specials contain examples of:
- Art Shift: Characters go from hand-drawn to CGI and vice-versa in each other's worlds.
- The B Grade: Crocker, mistaking Jimmy for Timmy, gives him an F, which burns his hand.
- Big Bad: Crocker and a Brainwashed and Crazy Goddard in the first, Anti-Cosmo then Professor Calamitous in the second, and Shirley in the third.
- Continuity Nod: Jimmy mentions in When Nerds Collide! that Professor Calamitous must have escaped the time of dinosaurs, where he was left with several other Jimmy Neutron villains in "League of Villains".
- In the first special, Cosmo and Wanda introduce themselves to Jimmy the same way they did to Timmy in the Fairly Oddparents pilot.
- Disc One Final Boss: Anti-Cosmo in the second one. After his defeat, Professor Calamitous takes over.
- Exact Words: Jorgen told Anti-Cosmo nobody in their universe would be able to free the Anti-Fairies. Anti-Cosmo then looked for somebody from another universe.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Shirley in The Jerkinators.
- Four-Fingered Hands: The Fairly Oddparents characters get an extra finger on each hand in Jimmy's world, while the Jimmy Neutron characters lose a finger in Timmy's world.
- Funny Background Event: When Cindy is ranting to Libby about Jimmy not asking her to the dance, Libby says that it's not like a date will fall through the ceiling. Cue Timmy falling through the ceiling. In the following scene, you can see Libby shaking a finger at the ceiling trying to summon things.
- Grand Finale: The Jerkinators! was intended to be this for both series. However, Fairly Oddparents got Un-Cancelled, and Jimmy's show got a Spin-Off (Planet Sheen).
- Hypocritical Humor: "How does he do it, magic?"
- Love Triangle: Jimmy/Cindy/Timmy
- Insufferable Genius: AJ in the first special.
- The Other Darrin: This was enforced in Latin American Spanish because The Fairly Oddparents was recorded in Miami and Jimmy Neutron in Mexico. The first special used Mexican actors, while the sequels were recorded in Miami.
- Running Gag: In the second special, Timmy running behind trees to "invent" stuff.
- Sure, Let's Go with That: Cosmo and Wanda let Jimmy think they're computer programs so he'd not find out they're fairies.
- Talking To Herself: Timmy and Libby were already voiced by Anna Sztejner in Polish.
- Tempting Fate: When Cindy's complaining about not having a date, Libby says that it's not like a date will fall through the ceiling. Cue Timmy falling through her ceiling!
- Villain Decay: Denzel Crocker was the main villain of the first power hour. Then look at him in the others.
- Villain Team-Up: Anti-Cosmo and Professor Calamitous in the second. Interestingly, while Anti-Cosmo is the one who ends up indulging in a double-cross, Calamitous is the one who ends up being the Final Boss.