What does Scooby do that we neglect?
We be puttin' all our foes in check,
but me and my friends get no respect!"
This series provides examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation: The music video
- Adventure Towns
- Alpha Bitch: Shelly is this in general, but it's usually directed at Jabberjaw.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Jabberjaw threatened to sue Shelley for plagiarism when she borrowed his.
- Catch Phrase: Biff's "Hoppin' Halibuts!", and "Jumpin' Jellyfish!", and Clamhead's "Wowwy-wow-wow!"
- Cloudcuckoolander / Dumb Blonde: Bubblesnote
- Detective Animal: Jabberjaw helps Biff, Shelly, Bubbles, and Clamhead solve mysteries in a futuristic underwater world.
- Domed Hometown
- Everything's Even Worse With Sharks: Subverted, as Jabberjaw is harmless to humans.
- Expy: Shelly and Bubbles resemble Alexandra and Melody, respectively.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture
- Five-Man Band
- The Future
- Hey, That's My Line!: Shelly once used Jabberjaw's catchphrase. Jabberjaw threatened to sue her for that.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Barry Gordon was Clamhead's voice.
- Jerk Ass: Shelly, although sometimes she was a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Kissgusting: Shelly's reaction to being kissed by Jabberjaw. It gets some justification in Pain's "Running Underwater".Shelly: But I will never date you 'cuz you smell like bait.
- Mad Scientist
- No Celebrities Were Harmed
- Planet of Hats
- Standardized Leader: Biff
- Tailfin Walking: How Jabberjaw gets around.
- Totally Radical: Seriously, who in real life actually says "Wowwy-wow-wow!"?!
- Underwater Base/Underwater City
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Robotic shark ejectors!
Who's gonna chase down villains and then turn around and run in fear?
Who's gonna stand for justice, when bad guys break the law?
You know who I'm talkin' about, we're Clamhead, Shelly, Bubbles, and Biff,
but if you're catchin' a whiff of fish, it's Jabberjaw!