Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
is an animated CGI movie released by Marvel Animation
, featuring a team-up between Iron Man
and the Incredible Hulk
. The film features the two heroes teaming up to fight Zzzax, a powerful being made of electrical energy. The movie features Adrian Pasdar
as Tony Stark/Iron Man, and Fred Tatasciore
as the Hulk, Dee Bradley Baker
as Zzzax, and a number of other Marvel animated projects.
According to Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb
, the movie does not have any explicit continuity ties to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
, though it could potentially be seen as a bridge between The Avengers
and Iron Man 3
July 2014 saw the release of a sequel, Iron Man And Captain America Heroes United
Tropes applying to Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
- All-CGI Cartoon: Aside from the intro sequence with comic-style art the cartoon is entirely in CGI.
- Brick Joke: The Hulk never did get anything to eat, as he notes at the end.
- Canon Foreigner: Fump and Cruler are unique to this film.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Abomination's approach to fighting his nemesis the Hulk can best be described as "relaxed".
- Creepy Cemetery: Iron Man and Hulk end up in one, Tony even lampshades the trope. Then they have to fight wendigos in it.
- Energy Beings: Zzzax is described as living Pure Energy, the result of a HYDRA experiment with Arc Reactor technology and Gamma radiation gone awry.
- The Faceless: The HYDRA scientists wear identical bodysuits with masks, leaving no part of their bodies uncovered.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Hulk uses Iron Man for this.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Due to lack of communication Iron Man and the Hulk end up fighting each other when they first meet.
- Mecha-Mooks: HYDRA has a few robots mostly used for subdual purposes, and Tony has his own mandroid force. Both kinds serve primarily as hosts for Zzzax.
- Mythology Gag: While it might not be an official part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it has a few nods to it.
- Tony's mandroids are stamped with the SHIELD logo from the MCU.
- JARVIS is an AI as opposed to a human butler.
- Red Skull leads HYDRA just like in Captain America: The First Avenger, and his Faceless Goons look like the ones in that film as well.
- Never Trust a Magazine: Entertainment Weekly listed Fred Tatasciore as the voice actor of Hulk and Bruce Banner, the latter of whom doesn't appear in this movie.
- Poor Communication Kills: Pretty much the first thing Iron Man does when seeing Hulk at the site of a gamma-powered anomaly is to assume that Hulk's responsible. The end result is the aforementioned Let's You and Him Fight.
- Power Armor: Not just for Tony; Hulk gets to wear pieces of the Hulkbuster suit when facing Zzzax in the final act.
- Shout-Out: The Mandroids and other technology makes the Transformers Generation 1 transformation noise when cranking up. Further proof of a Transfan on the staff is Zzzax saying "Humans inferior! Zzzax superior!"
- The Stinger: Red Skull appears and announces that he has plans for Iron Man and Captain America...
- Temporary Blindness: The Hulk suffers from this during the middle of the film and Tony has to help him fight.
- Those Two Bad Guys: HYDRA scientists Dr. Fump and Dr. Cruler.
- Tron Lines: The Abomination has radioactively green lines all over him.
- Wendigo: A whole pack of them is first seen hanging around the power plant, then they fight Hulk and Iron Man later on. JARVIS claims they're just a myth as he's scanning them.
- Wolverine Publicity: Hulk and Iron man are starting to rival Wolverine for the sheer amount of stuff they have on the airwaves.
- You Have Failed Me: Subverted in The Stinger, the HYDRA mook expects that Red Skull will do this to Fump and Cruler, but the Skull recognizes that he needs their expertise for his next plan.