"And of course our show also has baaad guyyys."Iggy Arbuckle
is a Canadian animated series that premiered in Canada on Teletoon in June 2007. Based on a comic strip from National Geographic Kids, the show is created by Guy Vasilovich, and focuses about a pig (Iggy Arbuckle) who happens to be a forest ranger, known in the series as a "Pig Ranger". The plot involves Iggy's attempts to protect the environmental structure of the fictional Kookamunga National Park. It is produced by Blueprint Entertainment.
The series is also aired in Australia on ABC Kids and in the UK on Jetix UK from August 25, 2007, Pop from June 27, 2011. Oasis International, the Canadian distributor, also licensed the series to channels such as Cartoon Network (in Korea, Southeast Asia, India, and the Philippines) and Canal + SA and TPS in France. It was also broadcast on Saturday mornings on Toonattik ITV 1
and the CITV Channel, and weekday mornings on Action Stations! on ITV 4
and the CITV Channel.
The show takes place in a fictional national park known as the "Kookamunga" (The "Kook" for short). The park is looked after by a white pig named Iggy Arbuckle, who is the creator of the "Pig Rangers", a fictional type of forest ranger. He is accompanied by a beaver named Jiggers, who is the only other canonical Pig Ranger in the show.
Iggy's arch nemesis
is a catfish named Stu, who is always trying to use the Kookamunga to obtain wealth. Most of the stories revolve around Iggy and Jiggers' efforts to save the park's ecosystem from Catfish Stu.
- Ambiguously Gay: Iggy Arbuckle himself. He often displays very feminine and flamboyant mannerisms but yet he's very fit and energetic and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. He is also shown to have a very Limited Wardrobe and lack of interest in art and/or culture. With all that said, he hasn't been shown to have interest in either gender.
- Bad Liar: Iggy played straight. His nose twitches when he fibs.
- It's so noticeable that even other members of the cast will comment on it. Or take advantage of it.
- Bamboo Technology: Jiggers is a master of this trope... except... with wood, not bamboo.
- Busy Beaver: Jiggers is endlessly energetic and a skilled mechanic and wood sculptor; able to carve incredible creations out of wood in a few seconds using only his teeth.
- Berserk Button: Do not - I repeat - Do NOT mess with any part of the Kookamunga with Iggy around. Seriously. Just don't.
- Do not litter when Spiff is on duty... or even when he's off duty. You will end up on his bad side... and you really, really do not want to be on the bad side of a trash collecting skunk.
- Do not insult money with Catfish Stu in earshot.
- Jiggers was super ticked off when he never got his bottle cap collection back from Spelvin.
- Bi the Way: You can't tell me that Jiggers imagining Iggy as a cheerleader isn't the least bit suspicious. Although unlike Iggy, he appears to actually have interest in girls and has looked at Kira in an arguably dreamy way.
- Born Winner: Iggy in spades. He is descended from a long line of successful explorers after all. It's in his blood.
Iggy: (After being advised to lose a competition.) I don't know how to lose.
- The Catfish: Catfish Stu who is definitely vicious
- Companion Cube: Spiff's garbage. He once named an apple core 'Carl' and spoke to it like it was his best friend.
- It's not uncommon for him to name his garbage at any point really. He talks to all the discarded wrappers he finds as though they were his long lost children.
- Crossdresser: Jiggers has cross-dressed for various reasons.
- Deadpan Snarker: Jiggers occasionally becomes this.
Iggy: (Referring to perfume.) I hope this smells ok. Maybe we should ask Spiff for help.
Jiggers: Oh. Good idea. Let's ask a garbage-collecting skunk to test perfume.
- Jiggers is this pretty much all the time. Spiff has some shades of snarkiness as well.
- Doing It for the Art: Spiff is a sanitation worker. He collects garbage like no other garbage collector has before... and he does it for the art.
- Quite literally. He keeps a collection of cans with which he can make little figurines.
- Dragged by the Collar: Subverted. Iggy likes to drag Jiggers places by his overalls.
- Wicked Weasel / Weasel Mascot: Robert and Robear seem to alternate between the two.
- They work for the main antagonist and tend to give the main protagonists a hard time by making a mess of things. They're even kleptomaniacs.
- They tend to be cute and playful with each other. (Even though they do cause physical harm to each other whenever one of them cheats.) They also don't turn down free food.
- Five-Man Band: It's a bit of a stretch but.....
- Fish out of Water: Kira sometimes comes across as this.
- Furry Confusion: Iggy Arbuckle appears to remedy this problem by making all of the characters vegetarian.
Jiggers: (Objecting to Iggy wanting to take him flying.) I'm more of a land and water-based mammal.
- And in another example...
Jiggers: Iggy, trust me. As a pig, you'll never know the heartbreak of unruly fur!
- Also, in Way of the Skunk, Jiggers tries to get out of helping Spiff by using the excuse that he's a beaver and not a skunk. Zoop is then forced to explain that this sort of help is for everyone and not just for skunks.
- Played straight in the episode Fish and Chip off the Old Block when Iggy temporarily loses his memory. During this time, he appears completely blind to the difference between Jiggers and a regular beaver. On the Furry Denil aversion, nor does he know the difference between a pig and a catfish.
- Iggy's caterpillar Furry seems to be this.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Go back and watch the episode: How Much Wood Could A Woodpecker Peck?
- Giggle Snort: Being a pig, Iggy is known for doing this quite often.
- Granola Girl: Zoop
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In France, Iggy is Ferb.
- Hollywood Tourette's: The parrot in Bird in the Hoof wanders the 'Kook' and the others assume that he's just a traumatized parrot trying to imprint on others. (Quite possibly arriving through an owner who abandoned him there.)
- It is later discovered that he actually knows what he's saying and was simply spewing profanity to start fights.
- Later, Spiff arrives on scene to see everyone making a mess of Mooseknuckle because of their fights. The bird ends up vocalizing his thoughts (quite accurately) for him. Zoop then comments that birds of a feather flock together and that it actually makes sense that the two most socially misguided characters in town would end up being friends.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Spiff occasionally comes across as this.
- Keet: Iggy. With small, cute, colourful and perpetually loud... but he is definitely hyperactive... so much so that in the episode One Fine Day, everyone became ticked off and tried to avoid him.
- And in If Pigs Could Fly, he found it very difficult to just sit around for extended periods of time without becoming anxious/tense.
- Nervous Habit: Jiggers twitches his tail whenever he's nervous.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Zoop.
- No Social Skills: Spiff prefers the company of trash to pretty much anyone.
- Papa Wolf: Iggy and Jiggers in the episode If Pigs Could Fly. Iggy moreso than Jiggers.
- Iggy also displays traits of this in other episodes like Honey, I Ate The Bug.
- Perfectionist: Jiggers.
- Iggy although, arguably to a lesser extent.
- Pig Man: Iggy and much more appropiately, his hero Manly Boarman.
- Rhymes on a Dime: The Great Bamzeani
- Riddle Me This: While not used in the traditional sense, The Great Bamzeani always talks in rhyming riddles. Only Iggy can decipher their meanings and normally, these riddles serve a plot point.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Ironically, Iggy and Jiggers seem to alternate between the two.
- Super OCD: Iggy is often portrayed as being obsessive over... just about everything. While this doesn't appear to affect his relationships all that much, it is occasionally a source of annoyance for those unable to keep up with his abundant energy.
- Theme Naming: Particularly within Iggy's family. Great Uncle Squiggy, Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Ziggy, Great-Great-Grandfather Figgy, Great-Grandfather Twiggy. I'm noticing a pattern here...
- Also (albeit to a far lesser extent), Iggy and Jiggers who are in the habit of calling each other 'Igg' and 'Jigg' respectively.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Jiggers loves himself some yak cheese.
- Iggy will take just about anything as long as its smothered in hot sauce.
- Tunnel King: Zoop. She is a chipmunk after all.