1950Hold That Pose (Goofy cartoon)
1954Grin and Bear It
1955Bearly AsleepRugged BearBeezy Bear
1956Hooked Bear (One of only two shorts in his own series)In the Bag (One of only two shorts in his own series)
Mickey Mouseworks / House of Mouse shortsDonald's Grizzly GuestDonald's Fish FryHot Tub HumphreySurvival of the Woodchucks
Media Featuring Humphrey:Television shows:
- The Mickey Mouse Club
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
- Goof Troop
- Mickey Mouseworks / House of Mouse
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Cameo appearance in one episode)
Tropes That Apply to Humphrey:
- Bears Are Bad News: Well, sort of. Humphrey may make life harder for those around him, but he's a pest rather than an actual threat.
- Beary Funny
- Big Eater: When he can get food, that is.
- Catch Phrase: A very distinctive "heh".
- Early Installment Weirdness: In his first appearance, on the Goofy short "Hold that Pose", he has a different design and acts more belligerent.
- Expy: Not Humphrey himself, but when Humphrey's creator Jack Hannah left Disney for Walter Lantz, he created a new character named Fatso Bear, who was more or less identical to Humphrey.
- Fence Painting: On "In the Bag", the Ranger tricks the bears into picking up garbage by making it into a game.
- Little Girls Kick Shins: In "Hooked Bear", a boy kicks Humphrey in the shin after he pops the kid's fish balloon float. When Humphrey complains to the Ranger, he tells him to "Leave the little kiddies alone!" and hits Humphrey in the same shin with a bucket of fish.
- Old Faithful: "In the Bag", Humphrey has to clean all the liter in the park to get his dinner, so he just throws it all in a hole. Unfortunately, that hole is the geyser Old Fateful, and Humphrey tries to stop it before it gives him away.
- Shark Fin Of Doom: In "Hooked Bear", Humphrey takes the keel from a toy sailboat and wears it on his head as a fin to scare away fishermen and keep the fish for himself.
- Shout-Out: Smokey the Bear appears in In the Bag, stomping out Humphrey's attempt to burn his trash, telling viewers that "Only you can prevent forest fires."
- Wrong Type Of Mammal Mammaries: Rare male example.
- The Unintelligible: Humphrey's speech consists of grunts, mumbles, and whines.