Horrible Histories is an animated series based off the book series of the same name, running from November 1, 2000 to April 12, 2002.
The Animated Series shows examples of following tropes:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Every episode has this title with the exceptions of Royal Pain and Awesome Egyptians, respectively.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: From the Lewis and Clark's Expedition episode:Random Character: You guys must be the new CIT's, right?Mo: What's that, Cartoon's in Time?
- Curse Cut Short: Happens with Mo in Royal Pain. Also doubles as Getting Crap Past the Radar.Mo: "That King Louis is a Royal Pain in the....."
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Mo and the Narrator in the original UK version. In 2003 and 2004, when the show aired in the US, Mo's and the narrator's voices were changed, but everything else was left intact.
- Field Trip to the Past: The entire premise of the series. In each episode, Stitch and Mo would be transported to a different historical era, which would help them learn a lesson or solve a problem in their everyday lives.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The narrator says "Get the hell out of here!" in Rotten Romans. However when the episode aired in the US in 2003, his line was edited to say "Let's get outta here! And quick!"
- Mo's Curse Cut Short in Royal Pain can also apply.
- Girlish Pigtails: Mo.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: Chickening-out version: the animated program featured a smart-mouth jerk attempting to get out of Grecian-style wrestling by claiming to have sprained his oesophagus.
- Interactive Narrator: The narrator constantly talks to the characters, and appears to be responsible for the time travelling.
- Lame Excuse: The animated series featured a smart-mouth jerk attempting to get out of Grecian-style wrestling by claiming to have sprained his oesophagus.
- Limited Animation: One of the most severe cases of this. Characters move very non-linear and choppily. The ditial ink and paint is the only thing that has you convinced that this show was actually produced from 2000 to 2002.
- Meadow Run: Starts when Mo and Stitch are reunited in the American Revolution episode. They decide against it at the last second.
- Red Shirt: A generic man dies in every episode.
- Same Language Dub: Mo and the narrator were voiced by different actors in the UK, US and Australian versions.
- Wheel o' Feet: Used in the animated series.
- Who Names Their Kid Stitch?