- Bait and Switch: When Sam goes off the board the second time, Bugs realizes he forgot to fill the tank with water. He pours some down Sam's path and it makes it into the tank, but instead, Sam lands right next to the tank and through the stage floor.
- Beyond the Impossible: At the end of the short, Sam ties up Bugs at the edge of the diving board and saws it off to guarantee that he'll dive this time. Instead, Sam, plus the platform and ladder goes down, leaving Bugs standing on a plank in mid-air, making him utter the immortal line...Bugs: I know this defies the law of gravity, but, you see, I never studied law.
- Butt Monkey: Yosemite Sam
- Here We Go Again: Bugs says this when Sam forces Bugs up the ladder again.
- High Dive Hijinks
- Noodle Incident: Near the end, we see Sam go up the ladder and falling down without knowing what tricks Bugs pulled on him.
- Running Gag: Bugs ticking Sam into going off the diving board.
- Sudden Anatomy: The first time Sam tries to get Bugs off the diving board, he save himself by grasping the board with his toe claws, this being the only wine we ever see them.
- Tonto Talk: Bugs does this when he poses as an Indian to lure Sam off the diving board. "Quick! Him go that way! You take shortcut!"