produced this Scooby-Doo
variant for ABC
in the early 1970s. Goober, voiced by Paul Winchell
, is a dog who becomes invisible when he is scared. His human companions are Ted and Tina, reporters for Ghost Chaser
magazine, and Gilly, their reckless photographer.Wilt Chamberlain
was a guest in one episode, and the kids from The Partridge Family
appeared in a few others.
Goober and the Ghost Chasers provides examples of:
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Gilly, Ted and Tina, respectively.
- Invisible Streaker: Goober is a canine version. When he disappears, his hat and collar are still visible.
- Real After All: Used in this show more than anywhere else in Hanna-Barbera. Real ghosts often helped the gang unmask the fake ghosts.
- Regardless of whether the fake ghost was pretending to be the real ghost.
- Redhead In Green: Tina wears a green sweater.
- Scooby-Doo Hoax: Utilized, but most episodes also contained real ghosts.
- Take That: The Warner Bros.-run site Saturday Morning Forever called this "Scooby Don't."
- Talking Animal: The cartoon plays with this. Goober does talk in asides to the viewer, but only barks at other characters.
- Voices Are Mental: This happened in one of the Partridge crossovers.