Western Animation: Generation O!
Generation O! was a cartoon from 2000-2001 about the life of a popular eight year old rock star named Molly O! (Yes, with the exclamation mark. It's her actual surname.)Most episodes dealt with the fact that, despite being famous and acclaimed, she was still a child who had to obey her parents and follow the rules, much to her displeasure; and her struggles to fit in in school. ("What, your ears aren't pierced? Doesn't matter if you're a rock star. You are a Loooser!")
- All Drummers Are Animals: Literally, in the case of Yo-yo.
- Annoying Older Sibling: Buzz.
- Excited Show Title!
- Fake Band
- Intergenerational Friendship
- Red-Headed Hero: Molly
- Special Snowflake Syndrome: The episode "Lone Fry" Deconstructs this when Molly is rejected from the school's chorus because her voice doesn't blend with the other students. She eventually accepts that she is a snowflake (Lampshaded by a costume for the Christmas pageant), and she illustrates her desire to either blend in or stand out when each is appropriate in the song "Strange World".
- Title Drop: In the first episode, a TV anchor says "Whatever happened to Molly O!?", which is the name of that episode.