Don't go away, Daniel Boob. I'll be back in a flash!"Duck! Rabbit! Duck!"
is a 1953 Merrie Melodies
short directed by Chuck Jones
. It is the third and final installment of the "hunting trilogy", following "Rabbit Fire
" and "Rabbit Seasoning
When Elmer Fudd goes hunting, Daffy Duck
and Bugs Bunny
find themselves again locked in battle.
This short is part of The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes
- And I'm the Queen of Sheba: in the face of Bugs' antics, Daffy pulls out this trope. Of course, it backfires spectacularly.
- Amusing Injuries
- Crazy Survivalist: arguably Daffy, because it's actually duck season.
I'm a duck bent of self-preservation.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: from the Trope Namer.
- Freak Out: Daffy eventually snaps from multiple gunshots.
Shoot me again! I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers, and gun powder, and cordite! I'm an elk! Shoot me, go on! It's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab! Why don't you shoot me? It's fiddler crab season!
- Elmer has a milder one after being told by the "game warden" (Bugs) that it's baseball season.
- Guile Hero: Bugs, naturellement.
- Laughing Mad: Elmer at the end of the episode.
- Running Gag: Bugs getting Elmer to shoot Daffy by telling him that Daffy is a particular type of animal that is in season.
- Talking with Signs: Bugs pulls out a "X Season" sign everytime Daffy says he's a particular animal.