Don't go away, Daniel Boob. I'll be back in a flash!"Duck! Rabbit! Duck!"
is a 1953 Merrie Melodies
short directed by Chuck Jones
. It is the third and final installment of the "hunting trilogy", following "Rabbit Fire
" and "Rabbit Seasoning
When Elmer Fudd goes hunting, Daffy Duck
and Bugs Bunny
find themselves again locked in battle.
This short is part of The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes
Tropes Used In This Short Include:
- And I'm the Queen of Sheba: In the face of Bugs' antics, Daffy pulls out this trope: "If he's dead, them I'm a mongoose!" Of course, it backfires spectacularly.
- Amusing Injuries
- Crazy Survivalist: Daffy, because it's actually duck season.
I'm a duck bent of self-preservation.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: From the Trope Namer.
- Freak Out: Daffy eventually snaps from multiple gunshots.
Shoot me again! I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers, and gun powder, and cordite! I'm an elk! Shoot me, go on! It's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab! Why don't you shoot me? It's fiddler crab season!
- Elmer has a milder one after being told by the "game warden" (Bugs) that it's baseball season.
- Guile Hero: Bugs, naturellement.
- Laughing Mad: Elmer at the end of the episode.
- Running Gag: Bugs getting Elmer to shoot Daffy by telling him that Daffy is a particular type of animal that is in season.
- Talking with Signs: Bugs pulls out a "X Season" sign every time Daffy says he's a particular animal.