Dood in Black Hat.
A Teletoon-created, Canadian-animated series of shorts in black and white about the adventures of a little boy named Dood, who's a doodle, and his creator, Hand.
Each two-minute short revolves around Dood's various misadventures - from getting a headache to flying on an airplane to dealing with his Evil Twin
, all of which are created by Hand. The "series" started in 2001.
This show provides examples of:
- Angrish: Dood in Black Hat when the magician takes his wand.
- Evil Twin: Dood gets one in the pilot episode.
- The Chew Toy: Dood's entire schtick is being this for Hand.
- Distaff Counterpart: Doodette.
- Duck Amuck: The episode Dood.com featured Dood being tormented by Hand in a Paint program.
- Le Film Artistique: See Running Gag, the fact it's in Black and white.
- Rule of Funny:
Some most EVERY single gag in the series runs under this trope.
- Running Gag: The word "fin" (French for "The End") showing up somewhere at the end of each episode.
- The Voiceless: Every single character, although they do things like laugh, sneeze and go "Huh?"