A Teletoon-created, Canadian-animated series of shorts in black and white about the adventures of a little boy named Dood, who's a doodle, and his creator, Hand.Each two-minute short revolves around Dood's various misadventures - from getting a headache to flying on an airplane to dealing with his Evil Twin, all of which are created by Hand. The "series" started in 2001.
This show provides examples of:
- Angrish: Dood in Black Hat when the magician takes his wand.
- Anvil on Head: In Dood.com, Hand repeatedly drops a safe on Dood's head.
- Big Ball of Violence: When Dood's clones gang up on him in Dood.com.
- Big Little Man: The villain in Dood McLood appears huge until the camera pulls back to reveal he's shorter than Dood. Then inverted, as it's revealed that he really is huge but was standing a long way away.
- Canadian Western: Dood McLood.
- Chained to a Railway: The Damsel in Distress in Dood McLood.
- Evil Twin:
- Dood gets one in the pilot episode.
- In Dood.com, Dood gets another one — and then several more, all of which gang up on him.
- The Chew Toy: Dood's entire schtick is being this for Hand.
- Distaff Counterpart: Doodette.
- Le Film Artistique: See Running Gag, the fact it's in Black and white.
- Magic Wand: In Black Hat, Dood gets one to go with the magic hat. It never does what he wants it to.
- Medium Awareness: In Dood.com, Dood is being drawn on a computer paint program. When Hand starts abusing one of the drawing tools to mess with Dood, Dood physically takes hold of the toolbar, pulls it off the inside of the screen, and breaks it into little pieces.
- Mirror Routine: Dood and his clone after Hand uses the clone tool in Dood.com.
- Overly Long Scream: The Damsel in Distress in Dood McLood has to keep one going as Dood as some trouble getting the riding-to-the-rescue business going. By the time he arrives, she's run out of breath and fallen into an exhausted slumber.
- Pull a Rabbit out of My Hat: Dood's unsuccessful attempts to do this make up most of Black Hat. In the end, he inadvertantly turns himself into a rabbit, which then pulls Dood out of the hat.
- Rule of Funny:
Some mostEVERY single gag in the series runs under this trope.
- Running Gag: The word "fin" (French for "The End") showing up somewhere at the end of each episode.
- Smoke Out: The magician's departure at the end of Black Hat.
- Stage Magician: One shows up at the end of Black Hat to claim the hat and wand.
- Travel Montage: In Dood McLood.
- The Voiceless: Every single character, although they do things like laugh, sneeze and go "Huh?"