Western Animation / Didou
in most countries outside France except in the US, where he is known as Sam
) is an animated series that is based on the book by Yves Got. The show was animated by French production company Millimages SA. All 117 episodes of the show is currenly available across 13 DVDs released in France.
Didou provides examples of the following Tropes:
- Adobe Flash: The show is apparently done using this tool.
- Animated Adaptation: Based on the books by Yves Got.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Didou's art kit.
- Art Initiates Life: Louie's drawing comes to life/becomes usable once it's completed.
- Audience Participation: See Fake Interactivity below.
- Bookends: Pages flipping to a blank page for Louie to provide the instructions to draw the object for the second time seems to imply that the characters' world are inside a sketchbook.
- British English: Justified as the English dub is meant for BBC/ABC (the Australian one) airing. But then you get strange words like dustbin lorry (garbage truck).
- Edutainment Show: The show teaches the viewers basic drawing.
- Edutainment Game / Licensed Game: One for the Leapster, and that's not counting the iOS ones.
- Fake Interactivity: As with most educational TV shows for pre-schoolers without a fourth wall, the show comes with a set of "viewers" (credited as The Hot Kool Kids in the English version of the show) that will provide Louie with a reply when he questions the viewers.
- Market-Based Title: Didou is also known as Louie in most other countries outside of France, except the US, where he is known as Sam instead.
- No Antagonist: Well, not all of the creatures drawn by Didou will be coorporative, but the worst they can be are JerkAsses that do little more than disobey Didou.
- No Fourth Wall: Played straight.
- Reality Warper: Didou
- Title Theme Tune: Draw us a picture, Louie!
- Viewers Are Goldfish: Instructions on drawing the item is shown twice- one in the middle of the episode once the plot has been set, and again about 30 seconds after completion of the first instructions.