"It's up to you, what'll you do, who are ya' gonna be like?"Danger Rangers
is an animated Edutainment Show
that airs on PBS
. It features six animal heroes (and one Robot Buddy
) who teach children about safety through example.
The series was originally released from 2005 to 2006. It began re-airing on CBS
on September 17, 2011, as part of the Cookie Jar TV
block, and then on This TV
after it got cancelled on that block. However, some of the episodes were DVD specials before then.
- Adult Fear: A good portion (if not all) of the episodes feature kids getting into dangerous situations, either by their mistakes or the fault of the villain of the episode.
- Australian Accent: The Deci-Bulls in "Safe and Sound".
- Badass: For an educational children's show, the characters are awfully Bad Ass.
- Bad Is Good and Good Is Bad: A group of "tough" biker kids in "Wild Wheels."
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: Most of the cast.
- Beary Funny: Burble.
- Casting Gag: This is not the only feline character named Kitty that Grey DeLisle has voiced.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted with Kitty.
- Deadpan Snarker: Squeaky
- Disembodied Eyebrows: Several of the characters, including Burble and Fallbot.
- A Dog Named Dog: Kitty
- Early-Installment Weirdness: S.A.V.O. calling out a "Safety Alert" instead of a "Danger Alert" in "Wild Wheels."
- Fantasy Helmet Enforcement: And you can bet the "bad kids" don't wear helmets. (Though they might wear backwards ball caps.)
- Five-Man Band:
- Gadgeteer Genius: Burt
- Informed Species: Sully is supposed to be a seal, but given that he actually has legs instead of tail-fins, he looks more like an otter.
- My Greatest Failure: For Burble, Rusty Ringtail in "Wild Wheels"
- Non-Action Guy: Burt
- Parental Bonus: The song "Don't Touch That!" mentioned the deaths of Socrates and Romeo from Romeo and Juliet (although it gets details about both deaths wrong).
- Road Sign Reversal: This was used by a kid in a failed attempt at cheating on a race in the episode about pedestrian safety.
- Robot Dog: Burt invents one, Sparky, in "Dog Days."
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Type B, with Quenton P. Manderbill, in "Where the Fun Never Stops." "Please, Mister Manderbill is my father. Call me Quenton."
- Title Theme Tune
- Turtle Power: Burt
- Two Girls to a Team: Kitty and GB
- Wicked Weasel: Worley
- World of Funny Animals