This series provides examples of:
- Animated Series
- Art Shift: Crusader started out with droopy jowls. It was later refined and he was made cuter.
- Cliffhanger: Usually twenty episodes made up a story arc, each episode ending with a single title for the following episode (as opposed to the Either/Or Title that Rocky and Bullwinkle made popular). When Creston and TV Spots took over making the show, two packages were made available—the serialized episodes and then, around 1960, story arcs re-edited as a 45-minute featurette "movie."
- Dastardly Whiplash: Crusader and Rags' arch-nemesis Dudley Nightshade.
- Limited Animation: In the first seasons episode (like the first one), except for the intro (the titular character appear wearing an armour and riding a horse like a knight) and the brief scenes where Crusader and Rags are walking, only the mouths of the characters are really animated, and the rest are static drawings described for the narrator.
- Righteous Rabbit: His first crusade is to stop the slaughter of rabbits in Texas.
- Talking Animal
- White Bunny