Left to right: Fenella and Chorlton.Chorlton and the Wheelies
is a British stop-motion program, created by Cosgrove Hall
, that aired between 1976 and 1979. It was about Chorlton, an orange happiness dragon, that lived in Wheelie World, a strange world populated by round creatures with wheels instead of legs. It was Chorlton's duty to protect these wheelies from the evil kettle witch Fenella, who wished to create misery and depression for the world.
- Bad is Good and Good is Bad - Fenella's philosophy
- Berserk Button - Happiness always makes Fenella a little ticked.
- Card-Carrying Villain - Fenella
- Clown Car Base - Spout Hall
- Dumb Is Good - Chorlton isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but at least he's happy.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar - In "Some Like It Hot", Fenella taking off her raincoat (just her raincoat) is performed as a striptease.
- Grumpy Bear - The Minister
- Large Ham - Definitely Fenella
- Negative Continuity - In some episodes, Chorlton is immune to Fenella's magic, but in others, Fenella can successfully cast a spell on him.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Rhymes on a Dime - Fenella's spellbook, Klaptrap, always talks in rhyme.
- Sinister Schnoz - Fenella, being a typical Wicked Witch
- Sugar Apocalypse - Wheelie World before Chorlton breaks Fenella's spell
- Sugar Bowl
- Talking to Himself - All the voices were done by Joe Lynch.
- The Narrator
- Too Dumb to Live - Well, if you think an evil witch is a 'little ol' lady'...
- Villain Teleportation - Fenella's 'bobbing'
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs? - Like all children's television in that period...
- Wicked Witch