Western Animation: Bunny Hugged
Things go downhill from here for Ronald.
"Bunny Hugged" is a 1951 Looney Tunes
cartoon short, directed by Chuck Jones
, starring Bugs Bunny
. In this one, Bugs is the pet of a rather delicate pro wrestler named Ravishing Ronald. Ravishing Ronald is pummeled by his opponent, a terrifying muscleman called "The Crusher". Bugs, seeing that his "bread and butter" is imperiled, decides to go into the ring himself as "The Masked Terror". But when The Crusher is hardly bothered by the wrestling skills of a small rabbit, Bugs decides that he needs to reach into his bag of tricks to defeat The Crusher.
One of The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes
. Features many traditional Professional Wrestling
- Ambiguously Gay: Ravishing Ronald, "the de-natured boy", who prances about in ballet shoes and wears a hairnet. This was, of course, a part of the character of Gorgeous George in Real Life.
- Ash Face: The Crusher suffers one after Bugs's bomb goes off.
- Charlie Brown from Outta Town: The Masked Terror.
- Excuse Me While I Multitask: The Crusher plays solitaire and jacks while Bugs is attempting a leg lock.
- Face/Heel: Ravishing Ronald is the face [hero] while The Crusher is the heel [bad guy]. This is an interesting inversion since the Real Life Gorgeous George was a heel.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Ravishing Ronald. His vain, prancing style does not work against The Crusher.
- Flexing Those Non-Biceps: Bugs's drooping non-biceps do not intimidate The Crusher.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Ravishing Ronald is an obvious parody of effeminate wrestler Gorgeous George.
- Non Sequitur Thud: "Duh, just passin' by..."
- Pro Wrestling Episode: This is basically a remake of a 1948 cartoon called "Rabbit Punch" that involved boxing, not wrestling.
- Pro Wrestling Is Real: In this cartoon it certainly is.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: The Crusher is not fazed by Bugs's attempts at straight wrestling.
- Squash Match: This wrestling equivalent to the Curb-Stomp Battle is what happens when Ravishing Ronald is decisively defeated by The Crusher. Bugs's challenge to The Crusher is on its way to being this when Bugs decides he needs to get more creative.
- Talking with Signs: While the announcer introduces the Masked Terror, Ravishing Ronald, trapped inside his own hairnet, holds up signs asking for help.