Western Animation: Bromwell High
Bromwell High (2005) is a British animated comedy.Keisha, Latrina, and Natella form a Comic Trio at Bromwell High, an incredibly poor state school, and the show profiles the wacky hijinks of their everyday lives. The show also notably averts Two-Teacher School by giving the teachers just as big of a part (if not bigger) in the plots as the students.The series' thirteen episodes aired on Teletoon in Canada, and had an incomplete run on the UK's Channel 4.
This British animated series provides examples of:
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: The student council president is given absolute power, even above that of the headmaster, though this is only discovered by digging through the school records.
- Always Someone Better: Tamsin.
- All Women Are Lustful: The two female teachers tend to fight over the attentions of any new adult male characters.
- Apathetic Teacher: A school full of them.
- Especially Martin.
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?: Natella often asks Keisha this.
- British Brevity: Thirteen episodes.
- Butch Lesbian: Ms. Gosby, so much.
- Butt Monkey: Kylie. Mr Jackson. Natella to some extent
- Catch Phrase: Latrina has a bunch; most common are "* blank* is for gays!" and "Like me that time."
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Latrina and Mr. Philips.
- Cluster S Bomb:Natella: Well? What did you think? Give me your honest opinion.
Keisha: You were shit. Shitter than shit. You were so shit that it made me want to block up my ears with shit, then eat some shit, and then do a shit.
Natella: Right. Latrina?
Latrina: ... Shit.
- Comic Trio: Latrina, Keisha, and Natella.
- Couch Gag: Headmaster Iqbal's announcements.
- Dialogue Reversal: The "unethical" exchange; Natella toward Keisha, and then later vice versa.
- Dumb Blonde: Latrina, to an extent.
- Dumb Muscle: Keisha.
- The Ditz: Latrina again. In the episode Police Story, her attempts at locating the cell phone thief mostly included overlooking ridiculously obvious clues, she didnt even realize she had stumbled across the case breaking clue until it was explicitly spelled out for her.
- Dreadful Musician: Natella and her sitar. The only cheers it got during the Music Talent Show was when Mr Beale smashed it.
- Extreme Omnivore: Keisha eats her exam in "Goodbye Mr. Crisps".
- Freud Was Right: Martin's math diagram.
- Latrina's dream about a tunnel and a series of bigger and bigger trains.
- G-Rated Drug: The contraband candy.
- Hollywood Tourette's: Carol, although it's used as a one-off joke.
- Idiot Savant: Iqbal.
- Insufferable Genius: Natella
- Only Sane Man: Natella - although she can be just as neurotic as any other character given the circumstances. Carol plays the straight man to Keisha an awful lot, as well, although Melanie plays the straight man to her when they're lusting after various men and Carol demonstrates her poor fluency with the double entendre.
- Precision F-Strike: One of many:Iqbal: Remember: a vote for Iqbal is a vote for jobs. Your modda fockin' jobs!
- Pyro Maniac: Keisha, often to the detriment of the disabled students.
- Really Gets Around: Latrina and Kellie Edwards.
- Red-Headed Stepchild: Kylie.
- Sadist Teacher: Most of the teachers to some extent, but special mentions go to Mr Bibby who is heavily implied to be involved in everything from murders to human trafficking with Iqbad.
- Status Quo Is God
- Two Lines, No Waiting: There's usually one plot for the kids and another for the teachers.