Can you keep a secret?
A Direct-to-Video Barbie
movie of 2011, and the second movie in a second subseries (This one has to do with Fairies, not Flairies
It's the premiere of Barbie's latest movie, and she's attending with boyfriend Ken. While there, Ken's picture is taken by a scheming fairy named Crystal, who wants nothing more than to steal away Fairy Princess Graciela's boyfriend Zane. To this end, she uses a love potion to make Graciela smitten with Ken.
The plan works, and Ken is suddenly carted away in broad daylight. Fortunately for Barbie, however, her two stylist friends (for when she's away from Teresa and Grace
) are also fairies, who take her and Raquelle to the fairy city of Gloss Angeles to rescue Ken before he winds up trapped in the fairy world.
This movie contains examples of:
- Art Evolution: Everybody from Fashion Fairytale got new, much prettier and HD-er models.
- Bag of Holding: Carrie’s (hand) bag carries everything from a baseball bat to false teeth to chef uniforms.
- British Accents: Taylor.
- Bullet Time: Ken does this to dodge magic bursts.
- Butt Monkey: Ken continues the tradition...somewhat.
- Camp Straight: Ken and Zane.
- Continuity Nod: Remember Lilliana Roxelle from A Fashion Fairytale? She's a fashion fairy.
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*: Raquelle calls Barbie a name dropper this way.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Ken. He's outfitted in too-tight armor and is given small, pink clip-on wings...and dodges Zane's magic in bullet time.
- Darker and Edgier: This time around, a kidnapping forms the basis of the plot. Also: Nary a Talking Animal in sight.
- Deadpan Snarker: Raquelle.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Raquelle.
- Expy: Physically, at least. Crystal looks a lot like Selena Gomez.
- The Fair Folk: Played with. Graciella was brainwashed into kidnapping Ken, and Crystal brainwashed her because she wanted Zane to love her.
- Fairytale Wedding Dress: Graciela wears one for the attempted marriage to Ken, and the real marriage to Zane.
- Fangirl: Evil fangirl, Crystal for Zane.
- Five-Man Band:
- Floating Continent: Gloss Angeles.
- Happily Married: Rina and Granelin, owners of Wings & Things. Eventually Graciela and Zane.
- Love Potion: Graciela is tricked into drinking one, which makes her fall for Ken.
- Or Was It a Dream?
- Our Fairies Are Different
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Carrie's initial plan to get past the guards is a pair of sunglasses.
- Pegasus: With butterfly wings.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Taylor and Carrie.
- Pride: Raquelle’s biggest issue.
- Princesses Rule: Graciela is called the fairy princess, but Carrie and Taylor once bring out she was always busy with royal duties; thus she is queen in any other aspect. Including her mean and obsessive behavior when under the influence of the Love Potion.
- Punny Name: Gloss Angeles. They'd be laughing too if they hadn't seen Ken get kidnapped.
- Purple Eyes: The love potion adds red, the color of love, to the eyes and it turns Graciela's blue eyes purple.
- The Power of Friendship Gives You Wings: Barbie and Raquelle.
- Shout-Out: To The Matrix, during the duel. Ken dodges Zane's magic in bullet time.
- To Barbie Fairytopia Magic Of The Rainbow, Barbie's wings in both movies are almost identical.
- Tsundere: Raquelle. Crystal also has shades of it.