your mother's fairy tales
.Fairy Tale Friday
is a a video series by My Damn Channel
featuring a pajama-clad narrator (usually Grace Helbig
) reading out loud from a book of fairy tales as if reading a bedtime story to children.
But these fairy tales
are definitely not
for children. Strong language, questionable morals, weird sex, and unsympathetic protagonists abound, and the accompanying illustrations are frequently Not Safe for Work
The series can be watched here
. View at your own risk.
This web series provides examples of the following tropes:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: The witch posts videos of Rapunzel on a fetish website for men who like long hair to masturbate to. The first time the Prince sees the witch climb her hair, he's so turned on, he drops his pants right then and there.
- All Trolls Are Different: The trolls in "The Snow Queen" resemble troll dolls, and fill a similar role to the trolls in Frozen.
- Anachronism Stew: Every episode combines a period aesthetic with 21st century technology and culture.
- Artistic License - Biology: The sex between the Princess and the Frog. Frogs don't actually have external genitalia.
- Bare Your Midriff: Thumbelina spends most of the story in her exercise clothes, and Cinderella rocks a gay pride flag belly-shirt.
- Black Comedy
- Bestiality Is Depraved:
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Belle catches the beast watching porn on his laptop.
- Comedic Sociopathy: The series' primary source of humour.
- Crosses the Line Twice
- Embarrassing Nick Name: Thumbelina was nicknamed "Cockchafer" in college.
- Femme Fatale: Belle is a minor example. She sues the Beast for sexual harassment after having sex with him, even though she instigated the encounter in the first place.
- Fractured Fairy Tale
- Friends with Benefits: The Little Mermaid's relationship with the mollusk, and the halibut before she married the latter.
- Gag Penis: Pinocchio has one that fills the same role as his nose in the original.
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: Belle recommends Blue Is The Warmest Color to the Beast for this reason after she catches him watching lesbian porn.
- Granola Girl: Thumbelina. She's a vegan who practices yoga, makes disgusting smoothies, and bakes gluten-free even though she has no problems with gluten.
- Groin Attack: The Big Bad Wolf's gruesome fate at the end of "Little Red Ridinghood".
- Hipster: Snow White, the "Royal Apple Genius" and Belle.
- Raging Stiffie: Pinocchio gets one every time he tells a lie.
- Really Gets Around: Most of the female protagonists to some degree. Elle gave hand-jobs to all the boys in her geometry class, Alice is too insecure to say "no", Thumbelina was nicknamed "Cockchafer" in college, and Rapunzel ends up going into the adult film industry.
- Stalker with a Crush: Rapunzel's Prince.
- Unfortunate Name: The Princess who was conveniently named "Sleeping Beauty".
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Most of the protagonists range from selfish, and uncaring, to downright sociopathic. A notable exception is Cinderella: She's cool, smart, independent, and actually quite content with her station in life, only going to the ball to humor the Fairy Godmother.
- Zombie Apocalypse: An insect version in "The Ant and the Grasshopper".