Not even the Ace Attorney
games have immunity
from being made into Abridged Series
Get it? "Attorney"? "Immunity"?
Okay, anyway, Cardboard Lawyer
has made a pretty good one, managing to turn the games into a Black Comedy
.Needs a Better Description
This show provides examples of:
- Awesome McCoolname: When Phoenix gets amnesia, he believes his name is Pimpin' McKickass.
- Badass Baritone: Godot. He stripped Franziska and Edgeworth of their roles, and is pretty much calm and collected.
- Black Comedy Rape: Subverted. You'd think with Phoenix screaming off screen, he's being violated, but he's just not taking it well that his Tetris high score was beaten. Played straight with Gant, however.
- Comedic Sociopath: Everyone has their moments, but Maya seems to be stuck on this.
- Courtroom Antic: Making even less sense than in the games.
- Don't Explain the Joke: "It's not as funny when I have to explain your own joke to you."
- Downer Ending: Phoenix gets disbarred, Gumshoe gets fired, and Edgeworth gets killed by Aquaman of all people. All Played for Laughs, of course.
- Idiot Hero: Phoenix himself.
- Kangaroo Court: Even more crazy than the original games!
- Large Ham: This series has good amount of hammy moments. The most notable are Luke Atmey and Manfred Von Karma.
Atmey: You shall face true fear in court! FEAR! IN THE FORM OF MAN! EPIC BADASS! Sharp dresser, cool mask, and a really F*CKING COOL MASK!
Von Karma: No, I don't have any evidence. All I have is, SUPER EVIDENCE!
- Mouthy Kid: Pearl.
- Running Gag: Gumshoe's pay continually being cut.
- Shout-Out: You can tell the guy's a Zelda fan, as the series finale uses numerous songs from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and even references that "[Maya] has only three days to beat [a] dungeon before the moon falls on us!"
- Synthetic Voice Actor: The Judge, but with a Spanish program, even though everyone else speaks English. (except for Edgeworth's Dutch-speaking replacement Robo-Judge)
Franziska: What in the hell kind of foolish language is it speaking?
Franziska: You bastard! Only you would make a Judge-Bot that speaks a dead language.
Miles: I'm pretty sure Dutch isn't a dead language.
Franziska: Of course it is, you fool.
Miles: You may be more ignorant than Wright.
Franziska: Hah! Fool! Don't even compare me with Wright. My ignorance knows no limits!
Miles: This is going to be a long trial...
- Thematic Theme Tune: "I Fought the Law" by Bobby Fuller for the first game's cases.
- Tsundere: Maya never misses an opportunity to beat up or have Pheonix beaten up by someone else.
- Voice of the Legion: Dahlia and Morgan
- Logical Fallacies: Played for Laughs.
, who is also responsible for Apollo Justice Abridged
, has also made one. It provides examples of: