Website / The Zeldathon Team
The Zeldathon Team
is a group of gamers who play the Legend of Zelda games for charity (and sometimes other games as well.) They are located in Pennsylvania and host marathons twice (or more!) a year, one in winter and one in summer.
So far they have had fourteen marathons:
- Zeldathon For Charity - $300.00
- Zeldathon for the American Cancer Society - $3,322.18
- Skypeathon by the Zeldathon Team for Child's Play - $5.01
- Zeldathon for the American Diabetes Association - $4,001.00
- Zeldathon Quest - $2,672.07
- Zeldathon for the American Red Cross - $13,280.00
- Zeldathon for Child's Play - $15,473.00
- Ultimate Zeldathon for Child's Play - $27,175.63
- Zeldathon Water for charity: water - $45,273.00
- Zeldathon Lives for the National Foundation for Transplants - $53,038.84
- Zeldathon: Headstone for a Hero - $10,202.01
- Zeldathon: St. Jude - $54,965.05
- Zeldathon Adventure - $100,552.00
- Zeldathon Relief - $104,000.00
- Zeldathon Deluxe - $195,959.37
- Zeldathon Hope - $251,554.00
- Zeldathon 16 (NNF) - Starts June 17th, 2016
This event provides examples of the following:
- Accidental Misnaming - Zak
Oddish Ondish, although he doesn't mind... much.
- Amusing Injuries - The viewers could donate to have Alex get punched in various areas depending on the amount donated. This resulted in a lot or arm punches, chest punches and one Groin Attack.
- Announcer Chatter - They are sometimes even more interesting than the games themselves.
- Armor-Piercing Slap - Slaps are a selectable punishment. Later expanded to 4-way slaps, sword fights, and prop fights in Adventure.
Silver: You were holding back?! I will never insult a girl, ever! Now, make her slap my other cheek to return my face to normal.
- Recurring Zeldathoner 'Lizerdoo' is infamous for giving audibly painful slaps, to the point where 'Lizrage' is a recurring donation goal.
- Ascended Fan - Captain Trina, who became more known around MC's "Triple Triangle Club" after Hyrule Academy premiered, is one of the newcomers of Zeldathon Hope.
- A Wizard Did It - At some times when the audience asked how something worked they would get the reply: Magic.
- When the question involved the games, the reply was Nintendo Logic.
- Taken to new levels in Adventure when the default answer to all questions was "It's for charity."
- Back from the Dead - Silver "died" because of the Hot Sauce, but was revived when the donation counter reached $600
- Berserk Button - Don't mention Hot Sauce so that Silver hears it.
- Also, Ezlo from Minish Cap is a hate object of Silver's
- Button 17.
- Brief Accent Imitation - While playing Twilight Princess during Zeldathon for Child's Play, Mike proceeded to voice act for many of the characters. The accents ranged from British to Australian to just a really high squeaky voice for the villain.
- Charissa also voiced Midna for a little while, and Mike was very freaked out by it when she started.
- Silver voiced Ghirahim during Zeldathon Lives to very humorous results.
m away! Pewf!
- One of the highlights of Zeldathon Lives was Alex voicing "Arnold Shiekzenegger" for OoT Master Quest.
- Adventure has used this several times. Including during A Link Between Worlds and The Wind Waker.
- Color-Coded Characters - Each Zeldathon has a color associated with it.
- Zeldathon 1 - Tan
- Zeldathon ACS - Dark tan; logo was red and blue
- Zeldathon ADA - Lighter shade of tan
- Zeldathon Quest - Deep shade of green
- Zeldathon ARC - Deep red
- Zeldathon Child's Play - Lighter shade of green
- Ultimate Zeldathon - Indigo
- Zeldathon: Water - Light blue
- Zeldathon Lives - Dark purple
- Zeldathon: Headstone for a Hero - Royal blue
- Zeldathon for St. Jude - Dark pink
- Zeldathon Adventure - Light Orange
- Zeldathon Deluxe - Dark blue
- Zeldathon Hope - Dark cyan
- Dance Party Ending - After Mike conquered the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, during the Zeldathon for Child's Play.
- Some of the donation incentives during Zeldathon Lives and St. Jude were to have a 'couch dance party'.
- Eat That - How about half a bottle of Hot Sauce?
Silver: Let's never speak of this again.
- Ghost peppers, or the Bhut Jolokia chili pepper. Prepare the glasses of milk.
- The 'Chubby Bunny' challenge, done during Zeldathon Lives, which involves seeing how many marshmallows you can fit in your mouth. The chat was concerned with the safety aspect of this punishment.
- An entire jar of peanut butter. Viewers were merciful though and let them leave it halfway.
- Epic Fail - The Skypeathon is considered to be this. Also Zeldathon 1, though to a much lesser extent.
- It is quite a regular tradition for the donation system to be broken, at least since Relief.
- Speaking of which, the breaking of Pitch in Box, the donation system in Deluxe. note
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep - Mike's Dad.
- Fan-Art - The audience could send them in and have them shown (for donations).
- Fan Boy - On the last day of Zeldathon ADA, Mike got a call from Dain Bramaged over his phone... he started dancing...
- Five-Man Band
- Funny Foreigner - Martin Silver, all the way from Sweden.
Silver: This English thing is difficult.
- Newer members 'Wilco' (who is Dutch) and '0rganics' (who is British) may also fall under this category.
- Heroic BSOD - Silver, after he had beaten Skyward Sword.
- Everyone, after they had seen Andy's costume.
- Nearly everyone at Zeldathon Water when Mike was forced to dance with his shirt off.
- Torchbane and Mike danced for a donation goal during Zeldathon Lives, and afterwards pretended to kiss eachother. MC took a minute to recover.
- Incredibly Lame Pun - Silver fought for his life during his battle against Death.
- Newcomer Sora makes whole host of these throughout Zeldathon Adventure.
- Knee-capping - MC Gamer is put temporarily out of action during Lives when he badly injures his knee after tripping on something and has to go to the hospital. He returns a few hours later with a pair of crutches and a cast.
- Large Ham - Silver. Oh my Gardevoir, Silver. Oh, and MC too.
- Scott is one if you have him do a funny voice.
- Andy in his Great Fairy form.
- Motor Mouth - MC is a master at this.
- Must Have Caffeine - They are playing games for three days or more, what do you expect?
- Nice Hat - Mike sports a fedora, it can't get much better than that. Silver's double fedora may count as well.
- Off the Rails - Most of the second half of Groose: The Musical
- Planet of Hats - The ratio of people wearing hats at Zeldathon is almost 1:1, and with various types of hats as well.
- Self-Imposed Challenge - During Zeldathon: Child's Play, not only did Silver do a 3-heart run of Minish Cap, he did its first dungeon blindfolded (being guided by MC), the second dungeon upsidedown and the third dungeon wearing a Steve-head.
- The subject of quite a few punishments that involved the player playing the next room with the controller by their head, while blindfolded, while upside down, or with one hand. Or several of them simultaneously.
- MC played the second half of The Wind Waker HD only using his nose to equip items during Adventure.
- Shout-Out - Silver kept saying "Donate to make cancer feel foolish" during the second Zeldathon.
- Song Parody - A very large donation was received requesting MC to sing Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance". The issue was that they couldn't have copyrighted content on the stream, but MC recalled that parodies fall under fair use.
MC: I want your donations, as long as they're free. I want your cash. Cash, cash, cash!
- In 'Zeldathon: Adventure,' one of the donation goals was for Mike to sing 'Still Alive' from the point of view of Professor Oak. Hilarity Ensued.
- The Fresh Hero of Hyrule, composed by MC (acting as Ravio) during A Link Between Worlds in Adventure.
- Team Mom - Liz.
Liz: I birthed all of this!
- Tempting Fate - If viewers could raise $27,000 for Zeldathon Water before the game was finished, Mike was to do another 3 heart run of the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Cave of Ordeals. He confidently said raising the remaining $7,000 during a single game had never been and wouldn't be done. 12 hours later, he got to eat his words.
- That Russian Squat Dance - Hilariously attempted by Silver during Ultimate Zeldathon.
- Voice with an Internet Connection - The Skype guests and to a lesser extent, the chatroom.
- You Have 72 Hours - Early marathons ran for 3 days and the final hours got really stressy.
- Later was extended to five days.
- In Adventure the length of the marathon was determined by hitting donation goals in a certain time. Thankfully there were only two near-endings of the Marathon.