A Star Wars
vs Star Trek
website started in 1998 by a Canadian Engineer named Michael Wong. Compares the strengths and weaknesses of both franchises, examining them with real science. The site has been inactive for some time, but the forum is still active. Also the source of the Trek/Wars fic Conquest
- Arch-Enemy: For a while, it had something like this going on with Spacebattles.com.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Wong argues that the Federation is actually an oppressively conformist, communist dystopia .
- Caustic Critic: Many of them.
- Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate/Hypothetical Fight Debate: Who would win in a fight between the Enterprise and a Star Destroyer? That would be the Stardestroyer of course.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Shroom Man777, label: FUCKIN' DICK STABBER. Location: Bleeding breasts and stabbing dicks since 2003. Alternates between making perfect (if frenzied) sense and utter lunacy with little to no middle ground.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Site rules allow profanity, and many forumgoers are all too happy to take full advantage. What's not allowed is untruthfulness or making claims without backing them up.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deconstruction: They poke holes in the Federation utopia idea, and Mike Wong writes at length about how the small towns he's lived in are not the idyllic paradises the movies portray them as.
- Fun with Acronyms: The sex&rel forum is titled Adult Relationships & Sex Education.
- Logical Fallacies: The main site has an essay on several of the most common ones, and the forum has a rule against using them.
- Network Decay: Qualifies for Slipped. The main site is still focused on Wars v. Trek, but that matchup is currently a sub-sub-forum on the boards. Stylistically it's the same as it always was (substance over style), but the content has expanded to everything from technical and physics breakdowns of the latest 40k novel to exchanging recipes.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Happened to the Site Owner. Part of the reason he dislikes religion.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny:
- United Federation of Planets and the Galactic Empire went to war. The Empire comes out on top due to drastic advantages in canonical firepower, numbers, and industrial capacity, as well as a distinct lack of morals and a better selection of ground weaponsnote . The main site is centered around the question of who would win if the
- Meanwhile, the forums debate all manner of other X versus Y matchups (everything from the Imperium of Man versus the Yuuzhan Vongnote to Airwolf versus the Bayformersnote ).
- Your Magics No Good Here: Site rules for versus debates avert this: each side's phlebotinum is decreed to work just as well in the other side's setting as it does in their own.