"So back in the year 2001 I got the idea to create a little Flash game, so everybody could create his/her own South Park look-a-like without the need of drawing skills."
— Janina Himmen
What is SP-Studio
? It's a fan based website dedicated to South Park
, where you can make a character based on the style of a character. Simple right?
The website was designed by Janina Himmen, and the community on the site features many users. Many pictures are uploaded and all sorts of discussions are given.
The SP Studio Community is a new place where SP-Studio fans can share their pictures and discuss wished for new items. There are Tropes for this here too. This now has a message board.
Has a Shout Out page.
This website provides examples of:
- Animal Companion: Fudge, for ViralMonster
- Art Evolution: Look at pictures of the first creator compared to now. A lot has changed.
- Bad Santa: Here, here, here, here, here and here.
- Blessed with Suck: Green Fingers.
- Berserk Button: Never post any alternate body, company/band logos or items from a certain movie or game unless you want to suffer Janina's wrath.
- Body Horror: Eggyslav's Abominations gallery
- Christmas Episode: The Christmas contest
- Comically Missing the Point: In almost every contest there's a picture of The Joker.
- Companion Cube: Biological Apocolypse survivor KennyisDeath has his dog chew-toy penguin
- Deadpan Snarker: Jabels is this trope.
- Department of Redundancy Department: ViralMonster's Random gallery description:
- Gallery description: Random Stuff Thats Random!
- Earn Your Happy Ending: You must win a contest to get a User Gallery.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: This Easter Island stereotype.
- Emoticon: Can be used in the Community comments.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Look at the Asia contest.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Biolgical Apocalypse.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: The princess contest.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Lampshaded in ViralMonster's Literal Music Pictures.
- Also, most pictures on the site, if you think about it.
- Geisha: Look no further.
- Green Thumb: Green Fingers.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Quite a few of the pictures in the Creatures Album.
- Identical Stranger: Many users think that Soxkid and Jareen2 look alike. This has been Lampshaded many times.
- Idiot Ball: A user once called the German creator a "Stupid Nazi Jew-Hater." He was banned.
- Also, a user was banned for posting insulting comments as a guest. He was banned but tried to rejoin multiple times
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: The Asia contest was full of this.
- Jet Pack: Jetpack-Guy
- Leet Lingo: 3lvis
- Make a Wish: The Wish Voting section of the site.
- Meaningful Name: Couch Potato
- Noodle Incident: A group of Neo-Nazis once used this website to make promotional picures for their "cause".
- Paper-Thin Disguise: This worm.
- Product Placement: Quite a few of the Shirt Motifs.
- There are Ipods, PSPs and various branded game consoles in the Other catagory.
- Running Gag: ViralMonster putting "Hooray!" after every Christmas update.
- Calling someone a cookiedough after spamming.
- Sad Clown: This picture.
- Scenery Porn: Lefiou's Island picture.
- Sexy Santa Dress: This picture depicts one.
- Slime Snails And Mutant Tails One user kept refering to slime in just about every sentance he typed.
- The Face of the Sun: In this picture.
- The Sixth Ranger: Anyone who wins Janina's Choice
- Those Wacky Nazis: Subverted, in that it was Neo-Nazis. See Noodle Incident above.
- Wardrobe Malfunction: This Picture depicts a rather classy one.