Overheard In New York
is a website that is pretty much Exactly What It Says on the Tin
: a place for people to share things that they overheard in New York City
. All human life really is here, with people of every stripe sharing their stupid, witty or just flat-out bizarre thoughts and stories.
Has four sister sites, Overheard in the Office
, Overheard at the Beach
, Celebrity Wit
, and Overheard Everywhere
, all of which are pretty self-explanatory
as well. It's also not unheard of for college communities to have their own derivative pages.
This website provides examples of:
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Said almost verbatim here.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: here.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Seems to be the case here, and possibly here.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Here and here.
- Crazy Homeless People: Quite a few, although there are plenty of people with homes who don't really come off as significantly less crazy.
- Dance Battler: The third guy here is not a fan, evidently.
- Deadpan Snarker: Some of the overheard people, and also the tone taken by the titles of each quote.
- Double Entendre: These.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: Possibly the thinking behind this quote, although it may just be Hypocritical Humour.
- Felony Misdemeanor: This guy's Coupling-esque rant.
- Gentle Giant: Apparently, this man.
- Kwyjibo: Subverted here.
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: Here.
- Orphaned Punchline: Lots of them, naturally. The second one here is particularly bizarre, though. What conversation could possibly justify the uttering of that sentence?
- Seinfeldian Conversation: All over the place.
- Slice of Life: In a somewhat peculiar way.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: The attitude of the first guy here towards Spyke (presumably).