Single serving friends abound.
It feels like that scene in Fight Club where the narrator sits down next to Tyler on the plane. [...] Except in this case, a lot of the time Tyler just screams 'COCKS', punches the narrator, and jumps out of the window. Still, it's fun!
An anonymous chat service. It allows you to talk to a randomly selected stranger, who is most likely: A) Some random horny person typing one-handed. B) The same as A, save for the fact that they're probably from China, India, Korea, or Turkey. C) A troll. (You should talk to them, they're some of the only intelligent lifeforms around there, even if they still are insulting you.) D) Roleplayers, but they're limited to some topics. Or last but not least, the two rarest. E) An actual chick. (Consider yourself lucky for finding more than 2 in a half-hour.) And F) People who actually go to chat.
Please keep in mind that we are in no way making fun of the site. It's a really well put together site, often preferred over other chat services like Chat Roulette. It actually lets you list your interests and matches your conversational partners with said interests. The problem Omegle (and all other anon chats for that matter) suffers is that whenever something that gives a heavy possibility to be used for a sexual release comes out, it will be used for such. That being said, the site is still a lot of fun to use.
Contains examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: A lot of guys and girls love Rosie here.
- All Men Are Perverts: It's safe to say a large amount of the homo-sapiens on the masculine side of the gender spectrum will go to great lengths to acquire cybernetic-coitus.
- All Women Are Lustful: Widely assumed by most people on here. Often true.
- Ask a Stupid Question...: Question Mode to disturbing levels.
- Black Comedy: People here will joke about anything, ANYTHING!
- Breathless Non Sequitur: Of the 10% of people here who aren't looking for cyber-sex or kiks, a vast majority of the 10% are only here to spout nonsense at rapid pace.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Every now and then someone will reference the fact they're on a chat site.
- Captain Obvious: Sometimes done on purpose, and other times not.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander/Keet/Genki Girl: Easy to spot out for the nonsense they say, their fast typing, and perhaps being the few types of people on this site that aren't jerks. Most of the time, anyways
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Be warned, if you ever go to that site seeking kiks, skype, cyber sex, phone sex, or anything of the sorts, there is a troll on the site who knows exactly how to twist the situation to his benefit to humiliate you in some way. Example
- Deadpan Snarker: For all the perverts on this site, there are many of those who will berate and talk down to the perverts with sarcasm that can be hard to detect through the inter-webs.
- Engrish: Most likely when you talk to a non-native English speaker. Sometimes even people FROM an English-speaking country will use this, as brains are low for the most part. Or you're just being trolled.
- Even Trolls Have Standards: Some trolls have some things they won't do to piss you off. Key word, some.
- Fetish Fuel: Of course not, people on this site aren't perverts and sex freaks who will go to stupid lengths to fuel their fetish, not at all. Except they do and that was all sarcasm.
- Genius Ditz: Not all the stupid people are all that stupid, sometimes they just give off the stupid vibe.
- Genre Savvy: For as many smart trolls as there are, they're just as many normal people who know about the rampant bots all over the place and know how to avoid them, and they know how to make kik/cyber sex freaks go away.
- Grammar Nazi: Oh, yeah.
- Guy In Real Life: Almost anyone you claim to be a girl to will believe you.
- It Amused Me: The motivation of said trolls, as well as boredom.
- Jerkass: No explanation needed here.
- Mood Whiplash: You can be talking to someone about something fun for a moment, and then bam something dramatic. Often Invoked.
- Parental Incest: A lot of random guys want you to reenact their favorite "Dad on naughty schoolgirl" porn by typing in what you do sexually. The girls, sometimes, too.
- Parody Retcon: A lot of people will try using the "I'm not stupid, I'm just pretending to be stupid" excuse.
- Running Gag:
- Troll: Many abound on this, Chatroulette, and/or mormonchat* .
- Shout-Out: People here will reference tons of stuff
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: If you're a guy, disguise yourself as a chick online (without saying so overtly), then, just when they ask, announce your gender. Hilarity Ensues.
- Sturgeon's Law: 90% of the people here are only here for "cyber sex," kiks, and more cyber sex, and the 10% are either trolls, jerks, or people with terrible grammar.
- Surreal Humor: Sometimes people say things so outlandish and weird it's hilarious.
- Surreal Horror: Though, sometimes they say things so outlandish and weird it's creepy.
- Turing Test: There is a utility called Clevermegle that allows you to watch Cleverbot chat on Omegle. See how long it takes for the other person to find out they're talking to a bot. They probably never will.
- You Make Me Sic: Grammar Nazis will correct the grammar of people who say they're going to kill themselves. Justified though, as you can't really take anything anyone says on this site as serious.