EnterVoid.com is a website dedicated to comic artists improving and expanding their abilities as artists and writers through what is called Comic Battles. Two artists (or more) will create Original Characters and create comics including each others character and fight (or other activity) and finish within a set deadline where on the comic is voted on. The site is mainly set up as a site for aspiring comic artist and hobbyists to improve on their craft whether that be art or writing.Note: Entervoid, being a creative outlet site, is very open ended and therefore contains many tropes in itself that are used by many of the "Voiders" to almost disproportionate degree. So, depending on what the writer/artist wants out of the story the tropes can vary to a large degree. Though the site has a shared universe and many of the characters are made to interact with each other the degree of genres, settings, and characterization can be absurdly diverse. Though the following tropes are not all that represent the site they are the most common that crop up in using the standard Void City setting.
Entervoid provides examples of:
- Crisis Crossover: The Yearly Armageddon in which a group of artists and their characters fight a single artist(representing a singular threat) to save the day or win.
- Depending on the Writer: Characters, personalities, and settings vary due to this trope. Which is to say it is half the fun of reading them.
- Kill 'em All: The very nature of the Speed Death Tournament in where in each round whoever was voted down is killed in the fashion of the opponents comic. Depending on the length of the tournament and how many involved the body counts tend to rack up pretty substantially.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: And more being created everyday.
- Original Character Tournament: A staple of the site.
- Tournament Arc: The above can last for several weeks (or months) at a time.
- Troperiffic: Being a site dedicated to comic artists and writers using it to explore their craft this is an inevitable outcome.
- Shared Universe: Many of the events of the site are given a very light connection with each other depending on the interactions between other characters.
- Sturgeon's Law: Mostly averted due to having an approval process that filters out artists that are not yet ready for battles. Though it does happen now and then.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Some artists want to match characters for this reason.
Void City in general includes examples of:
- A World Half Full
- City Noir
- City of Adventure: Void City
- Crapsack World
- Cyber Punk
- Geographic Flexibility: Enforced for the sake of storytelling flexibility.
- Magic Realism
- Malevolent Architecture
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane
- Police Brutality: Void City Police Department (VCPD)
- World of Weirdness