Website: Beca Reads
Beca Rendell, a university student from England has set out to review, chapter by chapter, the Fifty Shades series. She'll probably go onto other works after this. She points out herself that it's very much in the style of Mark Oshiro, aka 'Mark Reads', when he reviewed Twilight. The blog is ongoing, and is hosted by Tumblr. It can be found here.
The blog provides examples of the following tropes:
- Actually Pretty Well Written: From about Chapter Four, Beca found herself enjoying some of the dialogue and minor characters.From Chapter Six: "If E L James had written a book that wasn’t about a sexually-backward stalkerish creep of a millionaire and his shenanigans, I think she has the writing ability to make it quite amusing. Unfortunately such a book does not exist."
- Bias Steamroller: Despite the fact that the reviews were meant to be neutral, in the early chapters you can see that Beca is determined to hate this thing. And she still does, but she admits there are small things she likes.
- British Brevity: Some of her reviews are quite short.
- Catch Phrase: She often pleads for 'help'. "NOTHING MAKES SENSE" appears at least once in every review.
- Flat "What.": Occasionally.
- Review Blog: Naturally. In places it's part live-blog.