The blog provides examples of the following tropes:
- Actually Pretty Well Written: From about Chapter Four, Beca found herself enjoying some of the dialogue and minor characters.From Chapter Six: "If E L James had written a book that wasn’t about a sexually-backward stalkerish creep of a millionaire and his shenanigans, I think she has the writing ability to make it quite amusing. Unfortunately such a book does not exist."
- British Brevity: Some of her reviews are quite short.
- Catch-Phrase: She often pleads for 'help'. "NOTHING MAKES SENSE" appears at least once in every review.
- Flat "What.": Occasionally.
- Review Blog: Naturally. In places it's part live-blog.