This website provides examples of:
- Ascended Fanboy: Hasn't happened yet, but Word of God is that the site's competition will invoke this trope.
- Audience Participation: Has got it coming at some point, according to Word of God.
- Blog: A customised Wordpress theme is used.
- Fan Fiction: If you consider Photoshops of automobiles to be fanfiction, well, this is it.
- House Pseudonym: The website's authors write under the website's name for all blog articles.
- Legacy Character: One of the names is passed down from the original site owner to its new owner, according to Word of God.
- Ms. Fanservice: Averted. They keep it family-friendly, and this is even a Discussed Trope on the site.
- Nostalgia Filter: Deconstructed on the site. They attempt to point out a car's faults as well as its good points, but realize that everything has some degree of bias, with them asking readers to look at the articles critically.note
- Real Life Writes the Plot / Screwed by the Lawyers: Although "Autoguide" is a generic name, they added a road number/Fiat model to distinguish themselves from other Autoguides.