Webcomic: Yuri the Gakidou
Yuri the Gakidou is a Fantasy/Science-Fiction webcomic written by A. Jaeschke.Some odd years ago, demons, supposedly from Hell, invaded earth. These mysterious demons, also known as gakidou, sought to annihilate humanity. They failed.Decades later, some of the gakidou have settled in among the human survivors. One such gakidou, Yuri, working for the mysterious organization known as Spiral, is determined to answer questions about where the gakidou came from and exactly what they are. To this end, she sets up shop in a old underground research facility, trying to fix it up for experiments while keeping Spiral off her back.Can be found here.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- After the End: Due to The Legions of Hell.
- Animal Motifs: Each gakidou very explicitly claims to have one. Yuri's is a scorpion. Lien's is a shark.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: The horns of a gakidou are really their ears. It's implied that they are possibly even more bizarre, as Yuri herself isn't entirely sure how her body works.
- Cute Monster Girl: Yuri and Lien.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Yuri. May or may not apply to Lien (who hasn't interacted with anyone on-screen except Yuri).
- Death Faked for You: Yuri does this with the technician she hired, to prevent Spiral from killing him for knowing about the research facility.
- The Ditz: Yuri.
- He Knows Too Much: Why Max was killed. He'd obtained satellite photos of the research facility's location. Also see Death Faked for You.
- The Legions of Hell: Tried to cause Armageddon and failed. So then some of them settled in.
- Mad Scientist: Yuri claims she's trying to become one. It's not clear if she's joking.
- Man-Eating Plant: One sealed up in the research facility. It came very close to eating Yuri.
- Our Demons Are Different: Not much is known about them, except that they are very strange physically.