Webcomic: Woods For The Trees
A cartoon about three friends living in rural Derbyshire, England by Thom Alun Jones (AKA: Roofus).
Jess is a border collie obsessed with science fiction, Reuben is a fennec fox that escaped from the zoo, and Isabel is a vixen on the borderline between psychotic and Charles Manson
- Animal Jingoism: Averted with most characters. It's even hinted at that Seamus (a dog) and Pippin (a cat) were once a thing.
- Big Fun: Jess in the more recent strips; he has clearly gained weight but has not lost his chipper demeanour.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Reuben is one of the most intelligent characters in the comic but his favorite thing to do is sleep all day.
- Butt Monkey: Everybody has these moments, though Jess and Bosco are probably the most prone. Reuben has fallen into this role a bit more recently since Isabel blew up his house.
- The Cameo: Jack makes an appearance here.
- Cats Are Mean: Pippin.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Bosco. Even though he's kind of sleazy, he shows signs of actually caring for most of the cast. -including Isabel, who is usually the unfortunate target of his advances (Most notably when he punches Selby for letting slip that Isabel accidentally shot herself in the arse with a rifle.).
- Cloudcuckoolander: Jess.
- Con Man: Brian can sometimes be this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Reuben.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Brian in this strip, where Isabel uses Reuben to get a discount on Cactus Food.
- The Ditz: For a border collie Jess isn't the brightest bulb in the box. Bosco is even worse but he has drug abuse as an excuse.
- Eating the Eye Candy: See Distracted by the Sexy above.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Word of God says Bosco is this.
- Fat Comic Relief: Jess, to an extent.
- Furry Comic
- Gargle Blaster: Jess once made a "drink" he called the "Jessenatoriser", it made him hallucinate, then it turned him into a werewolf.
- Group Hug: This strip. Though Isabel and Reuben don't seem to like it much.
- Hot for Teacher: Jess towards Ria, though to be fair he's a bit older than the rest of the class.
- Interspecies Friendship: The comic is full of this.
- Interspecies Romance: Alluded to, but definately not unheard of.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Reuben.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Isabel at times. For example, here.
- Keet: Selby.
- Loving Bully: Word of God has said this was Isabel towards Brian when they were younger.
- Must Have Caffeine: Selby here, here and alluded to here.
- Never Learned to Read: Jess, which is why he started going to school with a bunch of pups less than half his age (granted he's only two).
- Our Werewolves Are Different: When Jess drinks the "Jessenatoriser" he becomes a werewolf of sorts. Needless to say, it's not a completely regular take on the werewolf scenario.
- Pyro Maniac: Leaving something flammable near Isabel is a recipe for disaster.
- Shout-Out: There are quite a few here and there, but the most notable example is Jess' toy penguin, Mr.Flibble (A shout out to Red Dwarf.), who had a whole story arc about it going "missing". In reality, Isabel had set fire to it. Or that's atleast what you think at first. Reuben cunningly made a switch, and therefore Isabel never burned the toy in the first place.
- The Stoner: Jess' brother Bosco, who picked it up from his former owner.
- Straight Gay: Brian.
- íThree Amigos!: Jess, Reuben, Isabel.
- Trickster Twins: Riff and Suz
- The Unfavorite: Jess seemed to have the impression that he was Seamus's least favorite son seeing how one of his brothers is a champion sheepdog and another is a bomb-sniffer while he is just a geeky pet. Then Bosco moved back in.
- Webcomic Time: Lampshaded
- You Dirty Rat: The cult leader from the "Anything for a female" story arc. Who is actually a criminal using the cult as a ploy to kill and rob the members by making them drink poisoned Ribena.