Webcomic / Wildlife
Wildlife is an interactive fiction webcomic hosted on the MSPA forums. It begins where one of the author's previous works, Accursed Mountains, left off. The protagonists are A'zi, the Eldritch Abomination
, and Mina, the demonologist that set A'zi free.They're actually nice people once you get to know them.
In their adventures Mina and A'zi must overcome gods, demons, and the distrust of humanity (and other creatures). At the same time, the demonologist attempts to teach the Alien Hive Queen how to behave ethically.
Like most interactive comics on the MSPA forums, the actions of the protagonists, and therefore the plot, are largely driven by commenter suggestions.
Used to be found here
.Currently missing, presumed dead, well worth searching for a backup however.
Not to be confused with the similarly-named webcomic Wilde Life.
Wildlife provides examples of the following tropes:
- Eldritch Abomination: A'zi herself.
- LEGO Genetics: This is what A'zi is best at. She can absorb biomass from (almost) any living thing and use it to create or modify her own creatures in any way she desires.
- Hive Queen: A'zi's 'children' do have minds and make decisions of their own, but none have been significantly disobedient so far.
- Most Writers Are Writers: Oscar does not only share his name with a famous writer, he also is a writer himself.
- Our Elves Are Better: A'zi set out to create a race based on humans but physically superior. Commenters failed to suggest any other names, so she called them elves.
- Our Demons Are Different: The Demons of this world can be summoned and bargained with, but they are notorious tricksters and fond of using the Exact Words of a contract to trip people up. Taking a contract with them and failing to keep your end of the bargain generally means forfeiting your soul to them.
- Our Gods Are Different: The gods of this universe are generally worshiped and loved by most of humanity. They tend to be very protective of their flock, and do not like Alien Hive Queens or demonologists. They are basically demons that eons ago found a way to gather massive amounts of magical power through worship and harvesting the souls of the dead
- Medieval Stasis: Played pretty straight. At the end it has shifted to a utopian advanced biotech society.