Webcomic / Wayfarers Moon
is a high fantasy webcomic written by Jason Janicki and drawn by Leigh Kellogg.
After half-elf Iri rescues Lily from a couple of bandits, Lily wants Iri to help her become strong and begins to travel with her. At the same time, Zhellick Il-Mark, Baron of Setcliff, enslaved the shapeshifter Haith. He forces her to do his dirty work for him. This undoubtedly will set him on a collision course with the two women.
This comic updates every Tuesday.
This comic provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Both Lily and Iri, but Iri is clearly the more experienced.
- An Axe to Grind: Lily's weapon of choice.
- Ancestral Weapon: Lily's axe.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Lord Zhellick is a powerful wizard.
- Badass Long Robe: Iri.
- Berserk Button: Khavra goes nuts when Khevresh dies.
- Bi the Way: Iri, though with a bit of a twist: she's bi with elves but a lesbian where humans are concerned (to date her only known lovers are a female human and a male elf). So far no word on how this would work out with fellow half-elves...
- Black Eyes of Evil: Lord Zhellick.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Lily, Iri and Khavra. It becomes more complicated when you add Haith to this.
- Brother-Sister Team: Khavra and Khevresh.
- The Chessmaster: Lord Zhellick.
- Cliffhanger: At the end of each chapter.
- Crystal Ball: Zhellick has a big bowl of liquid that he uses for scrying.
- Cute Monster Girl: Haith.
- Doomed Hometown: Lily's.
- Dream Sequence: When Iri is badly hurt, someone from her past visits her.
- Elemental Powers: Iri seems to be doing well with wood especially.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first few pages make it very clear Iri is not to be messed with.
- Evil Virtues: It's clear Zhellick loves his son, because when Lord Darcil only glares at the boy, Darcil quickly dies. He also still admires and mourns his dead wife.
- Fate Worse Than Death: the man who Iri leaves tied to a tree.
- Whatever Lord Darcil was sucked into, did not seem friendly.
- Five Races: Sharply averted. To date we've seen seven or eight sapient races (eight or nine counting half-elves) in Wayfarer's Moon and aside from the inevitable humans, elves and half-elves none seem to conform obviously to the usual stock high fantasy races.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Averted. Though Lady Laera's face is disfigured, she she seems to be one of those brave hero-types.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Iri is a half-elf.
- Halloween Cosplay: This happens on two pages out of continuity.
- High Fantasy
- Hired Guns: Mistress Alleth.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Lily first meets Iri when she saves her from this situation.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Iri, though only where humans are concerned (see Bi the Way above).
- Medieval European Fantasy
- Ms. Fanservice: Haith's outfit at least puts her close to this territory...
- Na´ve Newcomer: Lily.
- Nature Spirit: Do not hurt these, if you want to stay on Iri's good side.
- Nothing Up My Sleeve: Alleth has a hidden knife, which quickly appears when she's threatened by a gargoyle.
- Older Than They Look: Iri.
- Our Gargoyles Rock: Though it only comes to life to become a magical weapon for a short time.
- Properly Paranoid: Shaw calls Iri out for being too distrustful. With everything that has happened up until then, she's probably right to be.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: What Khavra is on.
- Short Cuts Make Long Delays
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Haith.
- Water Wake-up: Iri does this to Lily when she begins her training.