The Walkyverse is the setting of four Web Comic
series by David Willis:
Outside the Walkyverse is the Dumbiverse, containing only Dumbing of Age
), an Ultimate Universe Alternate Continuity
combining characters and elements from all four (but none of the science fiction elements so far).
Although not quite to the same all-encompassing degree as St. Elsewhere
, the Walkyverse also includes (de facto at any rate) a number of other comics largely written by friends of Willis, including (but not necessarily limited to) Melonpool
, Something Positive
, Queen of Wands
, Girls with Slingshots
, All New Issues
, Questionable Content
, Diesel Sweeties
, Penny and Aggie
, and Scary Go Round
The Walkyverse officially ended with the final Shortpacked!
strip on January 17, 2015, although the final strips of Joyce and Walky!
are still forthcoming.
Tropes that apply to the Walkyverse as a whole:
- Author Avatar: Every series has one:
- Danny Wilcox in Roomies! started the trend, intentionally sharing many traits with Willis. By his own admission, however, Joyce grew into a more fitting avatar.
- Walky from It's Walky! was more overt, again sharing initials with Willis but also a first name and nickname, car, and other traits.
- Shortpacked! took it to the next level, with two avatars: one being a fictionalized version of himself, and the other being Ethan.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Each comic got Darker and Edgier after starting off light-hearted and episodic.