Webcomic: Underpants Jail
A single-panel webcomic by brothers Justin and Dan Pearl.Many of the comics rely on subverting the established premise or the audience's expectations. Blood and violence are used liberally often crossing the line twice and frequently going with dude not funny style punchlines. The authors enjoy parodying religion and a wide array of other topics, such as movies, classic board games, and genies to name a few.Compare Perry Bible Fellowship.
Underpants Jail contains examples of:
- Art Shift: can be seen in the genie.
- Bait and Switch
- Black Comedy
- Bloody Hilarious: The amount of blood in some of the comics could save thousands of lives.
- Crap Saccharine World: Time for an unlikely adventure!
- God Is Evil: just ask Agnes.
- Hypocritical Humor
- Inverted Trope: the Obviously Evil Dr. Destructo.
- It Makes Sense in Context:
- Jerk Ass: Timmy should have been named abortion.
- Kick the Dog: this one is literal.
- Mood Dissonance
- Pokémon: probably the only succesful use of a Pokémon based pickup line.
- Rule of Funny
- Running Gag: Timmy and Cupid.
- Stylistic Suck: Sometimes Dan gets a bit lazy and spends five minutes on a panel...Sometimes Justin attempts to illustrate comics.
- Subverted Trope: used quite often.
- Talking Animal: See crap saccharine world above for an example.
- There Can Be Only One: The Highlander.
- Viewers Are Geniuses: I hope you like supernova, bacteria, and checkers based humor.