2P Start! is a Two Gamers on a Couch webcomic written by Tim Harding and drawn by Ray Hargreaves. It began on February 14, 2007, and ended on May 20, 2010. It is known for being made by big Nintendo fanboys; even the first comic was bashing on the PlayStation 3. Tim is usually known as the money-loving Jerk with a Heart of Gold who drinks Dr Pepper, while Ray is the slightly depraved, Sonic-loving fanboy.Needs Wiki Magic Love and Wicks.
Tropes featured include:
- Alt Text: Although it only begins halfway through.
- Boss Arena Idiocy: Parodied when Mario's enemies forget where they leave the weapons that can be used against them.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Whatever happened to Willi, anyway?
- Colony Drop: The "Gorecast Channel" implies the sun destroys the earth sometime in the next century.
- Darker and Edgier: Parodied with NiGHTS into Dreams..., mocking Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Department of Redundancy Department: One of the rejected Wii channels is a television channel.
- Not to mention how it's only in black-and-white.
- Homage: To 300.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks: Downplayed In-Universe - Tim isn't quite thrilled with Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles' slow pace, though he seems to like it still.
- Leet Speak: Referenced in "Time to Retire", where Willi retires his Xbox after reaching 1337 gamerscore.
- Mood Whiplash: "When Your Consoles are Off" switches from the drunken PS3 antics to the shivering, hobo-esque Miis.
- Take That!: The very first comic (and the second one) mock the PS3.
- Terrible Artist: Tim. The Tim's Takes suffer as a result.
- The Tetris Effect: Apparently, the L-block was concerned about this, and thus didn't get into Brawl.
- Two Gamers on a Couch