is a sprite comic created by Sarumarine of Advance Wars Network
. The comic started out as a crossover between Advance Wars
and Super Mario Bros.
. Soon after, there came a crossover between Advance Wars
and Fire Emblem
, a crossover between Advance Wars
and its predecessors and, finally, an awesome parody of Advance Wars
. The comic ceased when the author mysteriously vanished
. Turns out the author has been having computer problems and life to deal with. Fortunately, MasterKnight got a hold of him and found out that the material is safe. Maybe it will be revived. Only time will tell.
This very wiki stole one of the comics◊
. (Look at the URL)
Episode guide located here
, archive located here.
This comic contains examples of...
- Acceptable Breaks from Reality (Parodied like hell.)
- Affectionate Parody
- Ascended Extra : A group of Black Hole infantry grunts named Glock, No.1, 2, 3 and Mac are main characters.
- Back from the Dead: Sturm. Somehow...
- Bad Ass (Sturm. He even has a License to Kick Ass)
- Bad Boss: Lash, Flak, Von Bolt, Sturm.
- Broken Record: No. 3: "Dude!"
- Butt Monkey: ADDER. Anything that could go wrong will almost certainly happen to him.
- Continuity Reboot (Parodied in Days of Unemployment, to commemorate the release of Days of Ruin)
- Crowning Moment of Funny (Hella lot of them, especially during the Crystal Crapola series)
- Deadly Doctor: Dr. Steyr. You are better off dead than seeing him.
- Deadpan Snarker: Grit and Colin, mostly.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Parodied endlessly when the COs all get blasted back to the days of super famicom wars. Poor Eagle suffers the most through it.
- Fridge Logic (How...CAN a Battleship get into a tiny lake like that anyways?)
- Fridge Brilliance (Simple! Build a Port, build a Battleship, send it out to the lake and then trash the port.)
- You can't really remove a port in the games.
- Actual fridge logic of the games is pointed out and parodied like all hell. Flak somehow drives a recon onto an island.
- No Fourth Wall: The (aborted) Situation Room arc involves Black Hole taking over the War Room. Which is a game mode. In a menu screen.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Sonja is not fooled by No.2's pizzaman disguise (which consists of just a hat), but she is tricked by Lash's pathetic disguise as a mad scientist. her fake moustache even falls off.
- Running Gag (Adder getting shot in the foot by Grit, huge-ass Battleships in tiny lakes...)
- Scrappy Level (Parodied when the Allied Nations reach Dual Strike 's Scrap heap, and lose 100 times before managing to win)
- Talking Is a Free Action: Lash, Jugger and Sonja all lose due to spending too much time talking. Sonja is humiliated when she is beaten by "What's an airport?" Andy.
- Those Two Guys: Flak and Adder.
- Too Dumb to Live: Andy, even moreso than in the games.
- Unexplained Recovery: ( Sturm's explanation for his return after the plot of Dual Strike)
- You Are Number Six: No.1, No.2, No.3.