Web Comic / Totally Flaked
is a sprite comic created by Sarumarine of Advance Wars Network
. The comic started out as a crossover between Advance Wars
and Super Mario Bros.
. Soon after, there came a crossover between Advance Wars
and Fire Emblem
, a crossover between Advance Wars
and its predecessors and, finally, an awesome parody of Advance Wars
. The comic ceased when the author mysteriously vanished
. Turns out the author has been having computer problems and life to deal with. Fortunately, MasterKnight got a hold of him and found out that the material is safe. Maybe it will be revived. Only time will tell.
Episode guide located here
. The site is now dead though, so tough luck.
A lot of tropes are commented out, as Zero Context Examples
Totally Flaked contains examples of:
- Butt-Monkey: ADDER. Anything that could go wrong will almost certainly happen to him.
- Continuity Reboot: Parodied in Days of Unemployment, to commemorate the release of Days of Ruin.
- Deadly Doctor: Dr. Steyr. You are better off dead than seeing him.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Parodied endlessly when the COs all get blasted back to the days of Super Famicom Wars. Poor Eagle suffers the most through it.
- No Fourth Wall: The aborted Situation Room arc involves Black Hole taking over the War Room. Which is a game mode. In a menu screen.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Sonja is not fooled by No.2's pizzaman disguise, which consists of just a hat. She is, however, tricked by Lash's pathetic disguise as a mad scientist. Her fake mustache even falls off.
- Running Gag: Adder getting shot in the foot by Grit, huge-ass Battleships in tiny lakes, the list goes on.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Lash, Jugger and Sonja all lose due to spending too much time talking.