"The GaMERCaT" is a webcomic about a cat who is a gamer
. The webcomic centers on the adventures of GaMERCaT and his sidekick the Annoying Fairy, a parody of Navi
, and his protege "Glitch" a stray he wants to teach all about gaming. A recurring element is Anonymouse, a group of mice who love to antagonize
"The GaMERCaT" is created by artist Samantha Whitten a.k.a. Celesse. Many of the strips are parodies of popular video games. Others are centered on GaMERCaT's difficulty interacting with humans while getting and playing video games.
It can be found here
Tropes associated with GaMERCaT include
- Affectionate Parody: Of various video games.
- Gainaxing: When GaMERCaT plays Tomb Raider, he finds himself as Lara Croft and her inconveniently large breasts. When he tries to move them out of the way they end up smacking him in the face.
- Nearly Normal Animal: GaMERCaT is of the "Largely Normal Animal" variety. He's smart enough to play video games but whenever he tries to speak, humans only hear a bunch of "meows."
- Sleep Cute: When Gamercat sees Glitch getting sleepy, he puts him to bed. Glitch climbs out of his bed and cuddles with Gamercat.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: GaMERCaT finds out that a stray kitten has a Game Boy because someone threw it in the garbage can he lives in. He proceeds to complain how sad that is... that someone threw away a perfectly working Game Boy. The kitten agrees.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Glitch the kitty vomits while he tries to look cute for GaMERCaT's owner. He still adopts him.
- Again in this strip, ruining another attempt at cuteness.