'The Adventure of Gyro' is a dark comedy FanFiction
web comic made by Polish fan staring the Duck characters from Disney comics
. The story starts with Huey, Dewey and Louie trying to pull a (somewhat nonsensical) prank Gyro the inventor. To their shock Gyro reacts violently and locks them up in his basement. From this point the story just get more twisted and bizarre with various members of Duckburg community suffering from more and more insane actions of Gyro who for some mysterious reason acts evil, psychotic, unsettlingly hollow and over the top dark
which You either find eerie
.You can read the whole thing here!
- Adult Fear: That your child is capture by psychopath, trapt in his basement all in the dark while starving and you can't find them since the corpret is one of your clouses friends who you would never suspect.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Gyro's sins include : Kidnapping and starving children, burning down Scrooges Money bin and breaking Daisy's vase (ironically some characters appears to be angry only about the last one).
- Beware the Nice Ones Basicaly the moral of the story.
- Big Bad: Gyro of all people...
- Captain Obvious: Dickie Duck tries to make Gyro come to his sences by seying "This type of behavior is very uncharacteristic of you"
- Darker and Edgier: Boy! Is it...
- Lucky Bastard: Lampshaded with Gladstone Gander. A series of "lucky" things happens to his disadvantage as his tide up by Gyro.
- Mood Whiplash: The entire story jumps between being disturbing and lampshading how dark the whole scenario is.
- Particularly the subplot with Donalds depression from loosing his boys. It's played serious at first but then we have him interact with other characters acting all cartoonish and somewat not careing about his sad situation.
- Mythology Gag:
- In Donalds house you can see a picture of Pintail Duck (Donald's pirate ancestro from Carl Barks story "Back to long ago") on the wall.
- As his about to hang himself Donald Duck sings his theme song from the classic cartoons.
- Gyro's grave at the end say he was born in 1952 which is the date of first apperance in the Barks story "Gladstone's Terrible Secret". The grave also say "Gyro the Inventor of everything" which is a tagline often seen outside of Gyro's workshop.
- Nothing Is Scarier : Outside of Scrooge's nonsencial theory we never learn why Gyro went berserk. The empty expression on his face makes the whole thing more disturbing.
- Killed Off Screen : Magica De Spell and her raven Ratface (burn alive by Gyro)
- Out-of-Character Moment: Gyro BIG TIME! (for the entire story) Not only his a psychopathic monster but we don't see him do a single thing invention-related in the entire story.
- The new demented Gyro is seen watching My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. A Twilight Sparkle like doll is seen at April, May and June room as well.
- April, May and June have a poster of a Duck-bill version of Mulan on their wall.
- For a moment story turns into nonsencial parody o the movie Se7en.
- Running Gag:
- All the fuss about Daisy's vase.
- Lucky things happenig to Gladstone as his tied up.
- The Woobie: Donald.
- Viewers Are Morons: Lampshaded. At one point when we see Gyro behind Gladstone we get a big footnote from the "Editor" asking the readers to stop yelling "Turn around!" since Gladstone is a fictional character and this is a comic so he can't hear the reader any way. This in fact is a parody of the annoying (and often pointless) footnotes found in some of American Disney comics such as the Ultraheroes series.