Somewhere in the future, robots rule the land. Toxic pollution and poisonous haze replaces the clouds and sky we once knew. Humans all but eradicated by their own hand. In this mechanical wasteland lives 2 robots with unprecedented power and wit. This is their story.
— Opening Narration
is a…peculiar webcomic from Sheldon Vella that was initially released by DC
's Zuda Comics in January 2008 until 2010. In a distant future where robots control everything and humans have pretty much gotten most of themselves killed, there resides two particular robots; Spinbot, the "leader" of a robot gang called "The Dizzy-Bots", and Supertron, who was just burning some ants. After having a fight, Spinbot ends up using his three punishment strikes (ruining clothes, missing curfew, and dropping the F-bomb
), which gets noticed by an entity they refer to as Mom-Bot or just "Mom". Blaming Supertron for his misfortune, the two 'Bots find themselves racing against the clock to tell on the other to "Mom". On the way, the two end up going on their own separate journeys to manhood.
And man, are those journeys as weird as hell.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- After the End: The story takes place in a time after the humans had one massive, worldwide, mother-effin', no-holds-barred party when they found out that all the natural resources have pretty much died out.
- Autobots, Rock Out!: The final confrontation between The Real Steel and the Freezy Beats against Mom-Bot.
- Berserk Button: Spinbot really doesn't like it when people assume that he's been "double-donging" with Lizzy. Especially when one of those people is Supertron 2.0.
- Big Bad: Mom-Bot is this.
- Brain in a Jar: Supertron's father ended up being this with his other organs thrown in. He also reveals Supertron's real name, Simon.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: It has its moments.
- Spinbot and Lizzy do this to explain Lizzy's homosexuality. Using hand puppets.
- Later on, Huggie then asks to fast forward the story after noticing that the naked time-traveling human from earlier already did a recap of the events thus far.
- Calling Your Attacks: DIZZY ATTACK FORMATION-Z!! note
- Chekhov's Gunman: Joey-Bot is mentioned during the beginning, but doesn't show up until waaaaay later on in the story.
- Coming-of-Age Story: Ultimately, it's this kind of story.
- Cool Bike: Joey-Bot's very proud of the bike that Supertron loaned from him. The other bike he's seen with is also rather rad.
- Cool Jacket: Likewise, Spinbot's quite proud of the Dizzy-Bots' jacket. And it's the ruination of this jacket that kickstarts the rivalry of Supertron and Spinbot.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Despite the Dizzy-Bots looking tough and all, Supertron ends up dominating their asses.
- Cyborg: What Huggie and The Real Steel are apparently. Also what Spinbot 2.0, Supertron 2.0, and Supertron 2.1 arguably become.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Do any 3 mild accidents like get your jacket ruined, miss curfew, or say the F-word and Mom-Bot will find and kill you.
- Driven to Suicide: Supertron 2.0 does this after Spinbot 2.0 tells him how much of a pain in the ass he is and after Supertron 2.0 himself says how much his own life sucks. Subverted when it turns out he just shot his arm off.
- Fun with Acronyms: Supertron 2.0 is a Crime Halting Uniformed Man Patrol. In other words, a CHUMP.
- Gay Best Friend: Lizzy, one of the Dizzy-Bots, is this for Spinbot.
- Gender-Blender Name: Lizzy, a prominent member of the Dizzy-Bots is actually a dude.
- Never My Fault: Spinbot blames Supertron for his three strikes.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: All the robot characters are this.
- Robbing the Dead: Spinbot tries to snatch some fuel from his dead gang after his fuel reserves runs dry. He ends up trying to steal Lizzy's fuel, but when it turns out that Lizzy's barely alive, he finds out Spinbot's intentions and calls him out on it.
- Shout-Out: It has its moments.
- Supporting Protagonist: Despite having Supertron's name be the title, the webcomic gives significantly more focus to Spinbot and Lizzy than to Supertron himself.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: The Dizzy-Bots who aren't Spinbot and Lizzy, the time-traveling Nude-Dude, and the Electric Eye.