The year is 2426
. Earth is a patchwork quilt of squabbling Domains, loosely joined under the mantle of the Empire, which fights to present a united front to the dozens of technologically advanced, land-hungry alien races. None of which matters particularly to the patrons of the Sunset Grill, a bar on the shady side of town in the corrupt city of Kieselburg. The comic follows the day-to-day life of the barís staff and patrons as they meet the challenges of their imperfect world with humor, determination, and the occasional moment of grace.
Read the webcomic here
This webcomic contains examples of
- Body Backup Drive The Emperor, Alexander was the first for whom this worked.
- Feudal Future Because if you can genetically modify yourself and become the Lord Undying, why wouldnít you take over the world and make yourself the Lord of Everything?
- Future Food Is Artificial Why is the Sunset Grill so great? They have vegetables. Trevor gets pretty excited about the prospect of home-grown food. Because who really wants to sustain themselves on vat-grown algae forever. Yum.
- Gentle Giant Sal is a big ex-army guy, but at heart heís kind. Too kind, depending on who you ask.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe Anastasia, the cook, is somewhat tempermental in the same way that a knife is somewhat sharp.
- In the Future, Humans Will Be One Race: Completely and utterly averted. The cast is both huge and diverse.
- Loads and Loads of Characters Thereís a solid 65 characters on the cast page. Of course, the cast is an ensemble cast and tends to follow shorter story arches in the future, so itís to be expected.
- Local Hangout: The entire comic is set in and around the Sunset Grill, or follows the staff and patrons. Itís not a comic about any one hero in particular, the hangout is the story.
- Slave Race The Sunlanders used to be this.