We be Springiette!We're random, and we love it!Springiette
is a silly and random webcomic about the lives of Chop Chop Ninja Doom and Chocobanana Sofuto, their pets and friends. Half Gag Per Day
, half Slice of Life
, the comic is presented in groups of 4-Yon Koma
Originally created by the joint efforts of Shouri and Sally B, now it's run exclusively by Shouri.
The main cast:
Chop Chop Ninja Doom
, a non-native English speaker ninja with an unhealthy obsession with chips
, a former Olympic swimmer who loves cleaning and watching soap operas.
, the obligatory black cat.
Sushi, a sentient piece of food.
Not to be confused with Spinnerette
Springiette contains examples of:
- Animesque: In a way. All of the characters are chibi, and it resembles a Widget Series.
- Author Avatar: Chocobanana was one for Sally B., though she no longer works on the comic. Chop is still one for Shouri, though.
- Art Evolution: A little here and there, mostly the eyes getting bigger over time.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess with the hair. Just don't do it.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: From time to time...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Pretty much everyone, but especially Chocobanana.
- Cut and Paste Comic: When not much happens, anywhere.
- Dada Comics: A few are more dada than others, but the whole strip is pretty out there.
- Engrish: Chop. She tries, though. And sometimes falls back to Leet Lingo. Perhaps a case of Eloquent In My Native Tongue but we can't be sure. We don't even really know what her native tongue actually is. If she's a true Author Avatar, though, it's likely Spanish.
- Epic Fail: It happens all the time.
- Everything's Cuter with Kittens: Of course it is! Hence, Boo.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Averted, even advising against it (The authors speak Japanese after all).
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Chop and Chocobanana.
- Improbable Weapon User: Choco has been known to use her snorkle as a weapon, and Chop Chop uses pringles as throwing stars - and sometimes the tubes as a melee weapon.
- It Runs on Nonsensoleum: It's a parallel universe, what do you expect?
- Just for Pun: Unyielding love of puns.
- Mistaken Nationality: The author is often mistaken of being American, although she isn't anywhere near there; she's Argentine.
- Mundane Fantastic
- Naked People Are Funny: Chop loves to go commandomore often than is usually necessary
- Ninja: All over the place. At the same time, Technicolor Ninjas
- Non-Human Sidekick: Boo and Sushi
- No Pronunciation Guide: The title. Although the author has told people to pronounce it however they want.
- Odd Couple: Chop and Chocobanana, without doubt. One is a ninja, one is a former olympic swimmer... that's just where it begins...
- Unsound Effect
- Visible Silence Used shamelessly.
- Weirdness Censor
- Write Who You Know: All characters are based on real people. But there's a reason for that.
- Yon Koma: An rare non-Japanese example.