It's Beauty and the Beast. If the eldest sister had instead been an older brother. Who decides he'd sooner punch a beast in the face than send off his little sister. Also itís a space opera/buddy cop series. Except that last one.Spina Cage is an Urban Fantasy webcomic by i-s-p about a snarky guy named Adrian. One night his father comes home from a business trip with a cut on his arm and a story about a monster that wants Adrian's littlest sister, Chelsea. Not believing the tale, Adrian goes in her stead. Fun ensues.First chapter mirrored on Smack Jeeves here.
— In the words of the author
Spina Cage contains examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Question: "Hasn't anyone ever depended on you?" seems to be one for Joven on the most recent page.
- Art Evolution: This to this with five years inbetween.
- Beast and Beauty: Spina Cage is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast in modern times with an attractive young man named Adrian in Beauty's place.
- Black Eyes of Evil: The Thorn Faerie.
- The Fair Folk: We've seen one and he isn't very nice.
- Gilded Cage: Adrian sees his new "home" as one, and it is unquestionably one for the manor's master.
- Stay on the Path: When Adrian is sent back home after his new captor has a bout of guilt he is told to be sure not to wander from the path. When he is lured off of it by what appears to be someone in distress he is nearly eaten.