Jill: You don't look sick.
Never: I'm sick.
Jill: Is this where you make some joke like, "Yeah, I'm sick. Sick of my job"?
Never: Yes, and why would you take that away from me? You fix cars. I mope and make bad jokes. We each have our niche.
This comic provides examples of:
- Art Evolution
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "The Bro Code applies to bros who are chicks."
- Perky Goth: Anxiety.
- Mundane Fantastic: Flikker is a fairy. As in, she has butterfly wings growing out of her back. Not only does no one seem to find anything unusual about this, fifties educational films mention fairies, and on a dating site whether you're looking for fairies, humans, or whichever is the next question asked after sexual preference.
- Neat Freak: Never, a bit.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Anxiety's name is actually Ana Cortez, but "only relatives are allowed to call [her] that."
- Only One Name: Never, on the other hand, is simply Never. He even has a "House Rules" sign that states "No asking about Never's birth name," on penalty of being kicked with a comically large boot.
- The Rant: Mostly for announcing hints as to the events of the next comic and sharing bits of random art.
- Shipper on Deck: Starr seems to ship Never/Anxiety.
- Something Completely Different: Anubis and Me