Webcomic: Shooters Epic Awesome Adventure Of Manliness
Go Go Character Collage
"Alright, here's the game plan - you boys battle through thirteen floors of filler
battles, I'm gonna go get wasted!"
before the invasion of Pork City.
"I HAVE UNLIMITED TROPE WORKS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
— ViperSean after guessing which Trope Pheonyx used to return.Shooter's Epic Awesome Adventure of Manliness
is a Sprite Comic
created by Neoseeker Member Kanon. It uses sprites from popular DS Game The World Ends with You
as well as various other unrelated images.
It starts as the title says, but as it goes along characters change and new ones come in. At the time of writing this, Shooter isn't even in the comic anymore.
It currently contains 5 'seasons':
All can be found here if, for some strange reason, you wish to read it.
- SEAAOM - The original story, featuring Shooter, Blue, Yammer and Joshua.
- SEAAOM: After Story - The plot thickens with the introduction of the Sexy Suit Five!
- Yellow After: It's A Wonderful World/Life - New characters and a new story - Yellow, Kanon, Batlion, and ViperSean journey to save the world once and for all!
- SEAAOM:EX - A prequel born of a lost bet, Mr. H goes back in time and gets a new main character to do shit.
- SEAAOM: Another Epilouge - A 3 Issue long alternate ending made because Kanon is a Key Fanboy.
The SEAAOM Series contains examples of:
- Anime Hair: Most of the characters.
- Shooter's Hair owns at Dance Dance Revolution!
- Author Avatar: Kanon and ViperSean appear more often as the comic progresses and eventually give themselves a promotion.
- Back for the Finale: Shooter, Yammer, Neku and Futoshi. For the Shits and Giggles in case you're wondering.
- Back from the Dead: In order of reappearance, Beat, Yammer, Sho, Shooter, Neku, Pedro, Pheonyx, Shyo, Pheonyx again, Neku again, Futoshi, Yammer again, Shooter again, Beat again, Beat again.
- Backup Twin: Shyo and Sho during Series 1. 'Cept that Sho came back as part of the Sexy Suit Five.
- Then died again
- Then came back again as "The crazy old man who convieniently lives next door"
- Nah, that was Shyo. Who then proceeded to die.
- Bag of Holding: ViperSean has one. Don't call it a Man-Purse.
- Big Bad: Joshua, but he's working with Hanekoma
- Even More Confusing when it turns out Joshua and Hanakoma are really Kanon and ViperSean respectively.
- Word of God says Josh and Hanekoma were genually themselves at the start, Josh died when Blue killed him. Hanekoma.....eh, I'm not even sure myself.
- Bold Inflation: Whenever the word EVIL is used.
- Similar treatment is given to Pink Panthera
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Kariya's appearence during After Story. Also, Yellow has pointed out he has the ability to Break the Fourth Wall at any given time, which made Issue 1 of Yellow After a Lulz Fest. Although despite only Yellow having the 'power' to break the Fourth Wall, all the other characters break it on a regular basis.
- The 1st Issue of Yellow After has Hanekoma pointing out that the comic's panels are bigger.
- Breakout Character: Yellow
- Calling Your Attacks: Used during Tin-Pin so we knew what was happening, but now played for lulz
- Yellow After Issue 15 had Higgy listing his long, long, long list of attacks after Yellow commented that his only attacks are 'Smash' and 'Smash Harder'.
- Higgy: "WHIP OUT MY HUGE LONG HARD IRONING BOARD"
- Colour Coded Characters: Each character's speech is in a different color, usually one that is prevalent in their sprite.
- Combat Commentator
- Detonation Moon: The original series Finale
- Dungeon Bypass: Shooter's use of Batlion to the skip past most of the floors of Pork City.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: The Yellow After Finale
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The 1st Series. Shooter loses importance quickly come After Story.
- Finishing Move: Shooter's Sacred Form of Pantslessness.
- Five-Man Band: The Yellow After team and the Sexy Suit Five, though the latter die before any archetypes can be explored.
- Flanderization: Most character's are heavly Flanderized from there TWEWY selves.
- After Series 2 starting bringing Neoseeker Members into the comic, we flanderized each other. This lead to the Communist jokes and other various gags throughout Series 2 and 3.
- Flash Step: Yellow.
- Foe Yay: Joshua to Blue. Natrually.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Futoshi, Ramen Guy and Sexy Suit Boss.
- Funny Afro: Pedro Bear.
- Gainax Ending: The last issue of After Story.
- God in Human Form: Kanon and ViperSean.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Miku Hatsune. Justified though.
- Heel-Face Turn: Pedro, who specifically points it out at the time.
- Ho Yay: Futoshi/Sho.
- Infinity+1 Sword: The Pins Pink Panthera and Bob.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: To some extent, the Watchamajigmit's training montage.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Hanekoma; notable in that he was cut off twice - first when the killer called out the attack name, and then by the attack itself.
- Kill 'em All: It's pretty rare for a character to live past the scenes they're needed, half the time they come back anyway. Only to die again.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: At least 90% of TWEWYs Original Characters, plus heaps of new ones.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Joshua casually drops this on Shooter (Although about Sho, not himself); it is never spoken of again.
- Mind Rape: Joshua uses it on Neku after he is hit with Neku's Angst Attack.
- Beat telling Neku that He's NOT Diggin' it was a contributing factor to finishing him off.
- Mon: Batlion, the comic's signature Noisemon.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: The first occurrence taking in place in the comic's fourth panel. Get used to it.
- Out of Focus: Shooter. Yes, the guy whose name is actually in the title.
- Physical God: Hanekoma and Joshua, naturally.
- Kanon and ViperSean, being the comic's creators, serve as actual gods of the universe within continuity. Pheonyx as well, for similar reasons.
- Power Perversion Potential: "Hey, those wings do wonders."
- Recurring Character: Beat.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: To the point it would be weird if there wasnt a typo
- Running Gag: Besides the obvious Beat, there is a few
- Self-Insert Fic: Kanon and ViperSean become regular cast members in Yellow After.
- Serious Business: Tin-Pin Slammer.
- At one Point, Dance Dance Revolution: "DANCE IF YOU WISH TO LIVE"
- Shout-Out: AND HOW. You don't even need to look past the subtitles for the sequels to see one.
- And Shooter's speech during Season 1, Issue 31.
- Honestly, the whole thing is full of Anime References, it would need its own page to list them all.
- Sliding Scale of Fourth Wall Hardness: Yellow has the ability to break the fourth wall, yet he recently didnt seem to know what it was.◊ It was a simple stab at how the comic's Fourth wall is about as sturdy as Metal Gears.
- Super Mode: Neku's Emo Emo Revolution
- Tournament Arc: The Finale.
- Tsundere: Kanon. For the series.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: ViperSean can't go one issue without referencing some trope or another.
- For added effect, his normal text changes to resemble a Hyperlink whenever he mentions the name of one.
- This is actually what clued Yellow in to discovering that Hanakoma was actually Viper
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma
- Why Don't Ya Just Shoot Him?: Heavily and often subverted - by the good guys.
- Written Sound Effect: *Gewoooo*
- Frequently taken to the extreme. *Sounds of Bear death*
- Yellow After Issue 1 had *Walk Past*
- Wordof God: He is IN THE COMIC.
- Word Salad Title