Webcomic: Samurai Pizza Cats Through The4th Wall
Samurai Pizza Cats: Through the 4th Wall is a Christmas themed fancomic, from the writer of The Pizza Cats Pantomime.The plot is a fairly simple one: After Polly eats the chocolates Speedy got for Lucile as a Christmas present, he travels to the other side of the fourth wall to find another present to replace it. While there he runs into characters from other franchises and get into fights with them in an attempt to get back on the air. Guido follows him through to the other side to engage in a whirlwind of pop culture references.The comic can be Found Here.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Always Someone Better: Tommy to Speedy. Then again most of the characters Speedy runs into have shades of this.
- An Ass-Kicking Christmas
- Arm Cannon: Guido's arm turns into one of these, when Speedy chops his hand off.
- Art Shift/Painting the Medium: When on the other side of the fourth wall, the medium turns from hand drawn comic pannels to photographs of models/action figures.
- Butt Monkey: Speedy.
- Canon Discontinuity: discussed-Guido: Picking fights with girls? Didn't you learn anything about respecting women from Comet Caper?Speedy: Nah. I just pretend that episode doesn't exsist.Guido: Good point. I sure wouldn't have ended the series like that.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Speedy claims that being more popular than he is, should be punishable by death.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Page 17. "That joke had to be explained, so it wasn't funny."
- Excuse Plot:Sonic: Oh? You mean this comic actually HAS a plot?Speedy: Oh course it does! What, you think it's just a string of quotes from old movies that we're trying to pass off as jokes?
- Kamehamehadoken: How Twilight beats Speedy.
- Lampshade Hanging:Guido: Why are you still starting fights? Shouldn't we be looking for that present?
- Lemony Narrator: The exposition box complains about "Later..." being his only line.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Speedy and just about everybody.
- Never My Fault:Polly: I'm a woman. Nothing is my fault.
- No Fourth Wall
- Popularity Power: Discussed.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: a lot of the guest characters give Speedy a mild variation of this.
- Rival Turned Evil/The Starscream: Tails to Sonic.
- Take Up My Sword: Sonic: My popularity power is yours!
- Take That: When confronted by OptimusPrime and Megatron, Guido notes that while it's going to hurt, it'll less painful than having to rewatch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.