is a Science Fiction
webcomic by Eddie Pittman. In the format of a Graphic Novel
, it is divided into chapters.
"Red" is a 10-year-old Foster Kid
who begins the comic in the care of a Mrs. Foster. She insists that she is not an orphan, and therefore not in need of adoption. During a bout of childish runaway, Red is picked up by the local cops and set to be returned. However a spaceship suddenly flies overhead and beams up the police car with Red still in it. The ship takes off into space but crash lands on a supposedly desert planet. Red finds herself among other alien abductees plunked from there homes and, though off to a rough start, starts to befriend them in the hopes of surviving the planet and find out who abducted them and for what reason.
- A Friend in Need: A blue lion who tells Red what she did and helps her and Tawee flee.
- Alien Abduction: The inciting incidents.
- Berserk Button: Being called "Red"
- Blatant Lies: Red telling her companion that they're resting for him.
- Captain Obvious: A robot comments when she blathers on the translation
- The Chase: Red and her companion, chased by a stampede of little blue aliens
- Chiaroscuro: How Red escapes the crashed spaceship
- Coincidental Broadcast: Opens with a talk show about alien abductions and UFOs.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: How Red acquires a companion.
- Day Hurts Dark-Adjusted Eyes: when she escaped the downed ship.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Not exactly with Red, she had shoes when she left the orphanage. But lost one of her shoes when she was abducted. And had the other stolen by one of the aliens, leaving her stuck in her socks.
- Fiery Redhead: Red
- Heroes Gone Fishing: A character is introduced setting up to relax, fishing.
- Hollywood Darkness: the crashed spaceship's interior
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: Despite alot of the aliens having some odd features and quirks, they isolate themselves from Red upon talking to her.
- Inevitable Waterfall: When Red falls in the river
- Jerkass: A good number of the aliens Red meets
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The blue lion
- Meaningful Name: Mrs. Foster, a foster parent
- Mistaken For Afterlife: the alien planet.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Feed one alien, face a stampede of them.
- Party Scattering: Red loses her companion because they are pursued into rocks, and then she falls down a hole into a river.
- Pet the Dog: Red does, after a bit, act in a friendly manner toward some aliens.
- Speed Stripes: Fleeing the bobalux.
- Tastes Like Friendship: She offers food.
- They Have the Scent: a dog first notes the alien ship.
- Translation Convention: The aliens talk about "extraterrestials" meaning people not from their planet.
- Translator Microbes: Gibbervox, administered by a robot.
- Written Sound Effect: SPLOOOSHH!!!