Raven's Dojo is a webcomic by Raven Perez.
The main cast is:
- Rodney: Fight-Happy sociopath.
- Dornail: Perverted Dragon, Rodney's best friend/rival/partner in crime.
- Sarah Lee: Their well-endowed roomate. Only Sane Man, in a universe that just isn't sane.
- Rosetta Stone: Sarah's best friend and fledging super-hero.
- Raven: Rodney's master. He owns a dojo.
Can be found here
, and the first strip is here
Notable for being filed with crude yet clever jokes and gags, excellent art filled with detail and chock full of undiluted awesome.
This page needs Wiki Magic
Ravens Dojo provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: Penny Shuriken!
- Another Dimension: Ken Yen and Jane Lane wander these.
- BFS: Ken Yen's sword, sharp enough to cut reality itself.
- Badass Boast: Thing 'bout us livin' legends... We live!
- Dornail gets one as well, when he states that he is the one person that Rodney could never beat in a fight. Let me repeat that: Dornail is the only known person in the entire world, nay, universe, nay, MULTIVERSE, that Rodney could never beat in a fight.
- Who am I, little "god"? I am the secret king. The ultimate unknown. The top most taboo. The greatest minds that ever lived created technology far more powerful than you to hide away my very existence. It manipulates the minds of every last sentient being in the universe, just to hide any trace of me. Why? Because. They. Fear. Me.
- Badass Bookworm: Personified in The Shelf.
- Berserk Button: Rodney hates clowns. I mean, words fail to express how much he hates them. He once threw a clown car packed with hundreds of clowns into the sun.
- Blessed with Suck: Parodied with Invincible Mister Bastard, cursed with Immortality to wander the earth, forever branded a bastard.
- Blood Knight: Rodney, big time.
- "Dude, you shoulda upgraded from lust to bloodlust a long time ago. Whether you want it in public, with multiple people, or without consent, bloodlust is easier to satisfy."
- Bullet Time: Tends to happen around Silencio
- Calling Your Attacks
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Rodney, in the worst way possible.
- Cool Gun: It comes in a set: The Magnificent Seven!
- Children Are Innocent: Which is why they went and dressed up as babies...
- Death In All Directions: Tokyo Bullet Rain!
- Gag Boobs: Sarah is the most... ahem, prominent example. At several points she uses them as bludgeoning weapons.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Dammit, Metalhead! Those are my sweet band names!!
- Gorn: Rather than gore porn, it's gory porn.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Sarah's Nudist Palm Style.
- Groin Attack: BABY MAKER BREAKER!!!
- Also, FACE PUNCH JUNK PUNT!!!
- Hurricane of Puns: The comic turns this into an art form.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Dornail Versus Eye God.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Dornail.
- Surprisingly enough, Sarah qualifies as well: she pretty much throws herself at any attractive male character that appears.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The first opponent the group faces is a robot werewolf redneck.
- Only Sane Man: Sarah, though that doesn't always mean she's right.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Dornail doesn't look much like a dragon to someone from an alternate dimension who has dealt with dragons before.
- Phlebotinum Killed the Dinosaurs: According to Rodney and Dornail, Jesusaurus absolved them of their sins and they were all taken into heaven by the Rapture. Except for the sinful T-Rexes, doomed to burn eternally in engines built by primates.
- Rule of Cool: The comic is practically fueled by awesome...
- Rule of Funny: ...when it's not being fueled by humor.
- Serial Escalation: This webcomic STARTS here, and keeps going further and further.
- Shaming the Mob: Refuge in Audacity at it's finest.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Rodney silences Silencio.
- Stealth Pun: Tied in with Visual Pun, the backgrounds of certain strips are filled with these.
- The Strategist: Dornail.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Sarah and Raven to Rodney and Dornail, with regards to Silencio's backstory...
- Would Hurt a Child: Rodney would, and he does. Whenever possible.