Webcomic: Planeta Absurdo
"This planet is a kind of Earth's distortion. What we would get if Earth was reflected in a mirror. A mirror we would first get drunk and then beaten. Its inhabitants call it "Earth", we will call it the Absurd planet."
— "Introduction to Planeta Absurdo"
is a Spanish webcomic created by Sr Mejillón (also known as Mull). Its several stories take place in an alternate Earth that combines hi-tech and epic fantasy. A place where heroes from comic-books and those from fantasy tales team up in order to defeat evil forces. A planet where Hilarity Ensues
Some of the heroes in Absurdo are Queen Numismática
, a goddess from another world exiled in Absurdo; Jystmo le Bobo
, a clueless lemon-eating paladin; Rayamanta
, a raging princess and wizard; the Great Flowder
, a very dumb yet powerful hero; Jolie
, Flowder's sidekicks and brains; Talerdo Limalimón
, a thief with a directional sense similar to Ryoga Hibiki's; Kurochán
, a female assassin with a killing curse followed by a ghost girl; and so on.
Up to date, the main stories are the following:
- Cómo destruir el universo en tres simples pasos (How to destroy the universe in three simple steps).
- En busca del Sagrado Molgrim (The quest for Holy Molgrim).
- La Coleccionista (The Collector).
- HOYGAN SOMOS HALENIJENAS (HAI WE R ALIENZ). In this one, the author made a "Tropes special" in pages 291, 292, 293 and 294.
- Going Berserkito.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Flowder, Jytsmo, Rayamanta, Kenny
- A God Am I: Numismática, Atz4rx0rz and Findelmundo are gods, though their powers are quite limited.
- Being a God - or better - is Kenny Welles' ultimate goal. In The Collector Kenny Welles fuses himself with Molgrim, achieving such goal.
- In the same story, mutant bushi rodent Deisi turns into the new version of multiversal being The Collector and separates Molgrim from Kenny Welles.
- Action Girl: Most of the female cast, being Kurochán the best example of this trope.
- The Alcoholic: El Berserkito. Due to this, he has an imaginary friend, Pepe, everytime he's drunk, which is all the time.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: This happens to the LCP in HAI WE R ALIENZ.
- Alt Text: Page 294 has it. Will you find it?
- Alternate Universe: Absurdo is a very messy and crazy alternate Earth.
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: Poli in her 100% cat form seems even smarter and stronger than in her girl-cat shape.
- Anachronism Stew: Taking in account this world mixes heroic fantasy with superheroes...
- Anime Theme Song: Parodied  and then animated and sung  by a fan called Rabarga/Águila calva.
Compra saaaaal... ˇque no queda!
- Anticlimax: You would think that Colectivo Kurochán is a tough rival through the story starring it... but then it is beaten with just a club.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:advice of queen numismatica for avatars, gods, spirits and plumbers
- Art Evolution
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The Collector and giant Berserkito.
- Attending Your Own Funeral: When some people die in Absurdo, they can get a glimpse of their corpses when Death comes to them. They act like nothing happened.
- They're not even impressed by Death himself!
- A better example comes thanks to Dark Pijama. Since he acts like an MMORPG character, he has respawn points, and it isn't strange for him to respawn near his dead body.
- Bad Ass: Most of the heroes, but specially Kurochán, the female assassin. She's so cool and bad ass she has her own ratings made by readers themselves!
- Naked Colectivo Talerdo is even more badass than the original!
- Big Bad: Every story has its own one.
- How to destroy the universe in three simple steps doesn't make it clear until the end, where it is revealed mayor Kenny Welles is the villain.
- The quest for Holy Molgrim stars a new and dangerous cult which is led by Molgrim himself.
- The Collector seems to have the titular Collector as the main bad... but Kenny Welles steals the show again as the villain, making him the Bigger Bad.
- HAI WE R ALIENZ has some aliens and some clones created using a substance called Colectivo (Colective) around but the Colective rebels against its masters.
- Blob Monster: The Colectivo.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Jolie tries to show the other characters that they're in a webcomic and literally punches the Fourth Wall. Only to discover that they're actually in a TV set and Jolie has punched a cameraman
- Calling Your Attacks: Jystmo miserably fails at this. His master's "Ataque kármico para desfacer entuertos" is turned into "Ataque kamikaze de los tres perros muertos".
- The immortal guard's ultimate martial arts move has an interesting name: Pedantic Berenjena Assault!.
- An attack so awesome it has its own fighting game input.
- Chess with Death: Death vs Flowder. And it's just damn fun!
- City of Adventure: Ciudad de Los Patos
- Constructed World
- Colon Cancer: Behold! Die definitive maschine: Ze Gigawasher 2.0: Ze Revenge: Now with more protons! - El Mejillón
- Complexity Addiction: After Kenny Welles revealed his Double Reverse Quadruple Agent...
Dr. Mong: Why do you make things so complicated? If you could introduce your robot in their ship, why didn't you just steal it?
Kenny Welles: You'd be a terrible villain, Dr. Mong!
- Cool Sword: Deisi's daisho after it has been powered up for the final battle in The Collector story.
- Cursed with Awesome: Kurochán's curse forces her kill anyone nearby. This makes her one of Absurdo's best assassins. She's also immortal.
- She's so awesome her victims don't know that their dead even when Death itself appears to take them!
- And Death is Kurochán's biggest fan.
- Dead Partner: Kurochán is followed by the ghost of a young girl called Meyko. Being so different from each other, making them sort of an odd couple, funny consequences are expected.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: What else would you call beating the likes of an empowered Molgrim, the Collector, super-mega-Kenny Welles and a giant Colectivo?
- The Ditz: Jystmo and Flowder.
- Talerdo is a bit of this too.
- Double Reverse Quadruple Agent: In HAI WE R ALIENZ, there's this Colectivo Cirle who happens to be the real Cirle posing as her Colectivo self, who then turns to be the real Kurochán dressing as the real Cirle posing as her Colectivo self, who's actually a robot created by Kenny Welles to act as the real Kurochán dressing as the real Cirle posing as her Colectivo self.
- Drunken Master: El Berserkito.
- Elements of Nature: According to Flowder, they are water, fire, propane, butane and Bill Murray.
- "End of the World" Special: The final part of How to destroy the universe in three simple steps.
- Epiphanic Prison: Best explained with this example...
El Berserkito: That monster has paralyzed me with a blue boa.
Pepe: A blue boa? Really?
El Berserkito: Yes, why?
Pepe: How many times have you been paralyzed by a blue boa?
El Berserkito: ... Never.
Pepe: And how many times have you imagined it?
El Berserkito: Every Tuesday at... oh! So everything was in my head.
- Evil Plan: Villain Kenny Welles has lots of them and tries to make people think things happen according to his plans. Even things that contradict other things.
- Expy: Talerdo to Ryoga.
- Fanservice: Girls in this comic go around with those tight costumes...
- Cirle deserves a special mention: everytime she turns into a werewolf, her clothes are ripped apart, so once she's back to normal... you can guess it.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink
- Fantasy World Map
- Fantastic Measurement System: In Absurdo, they use TPH for distances. What is TPH? Tiro de Piedra de Hulk (Hulk's Stone Throw), based on how far a stone thrown by The Incredible Hulk would travel.
- And for speed, they have TPHPH (Tiro de Piedra de Hulk Por Hora / Hulk's Stone Throw Per Hour).
- Five-Man Band: Parodied in the first story, though the group only needed three members: a very stupid hero, a hot raging chick and a bulky yet loyal friend.
Pianof: And Carmen Elektra.
Meleketengue: Err... Excuse me... Did you say Carmen Elektra?
Pianof (to Master Arnault): See? I told you she should be between the chick and the friend, it wouldn't be that obvious.
- Funny Animal: Cats of Parque Infierno are quite intelligent.
- Muridians are a species of genetically-altered hamsters that are 3-foot tall and can talk.
- Fusion Dance: Kenny Welles and Molgrim
- Gadgeteer Genius: El Mejillón, a scientist and hero with a heavy German accent. But truth to be told, most of his inventions are either stupid or useless or both.
- Gambit Pileup: Involving the Colectivo and Kenny Welles. Pretty obvious, isn't it?
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: And suddenly, naked Colectivo Talerdo.
- The Grim Reaper: Absurdo's Death is on par with the Discworld's one.
- And even though he has a scythe, he doesn't use it for removing souls from their bodies. For that, he just beats the crap out of them with his De-Soul-Ator.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Goodbye, Berserkito, Dark Pijama
- Idiot Ball: Flowder. His stupidity allows him to defy reality itself.
- Improvised Weapon: Jystmo uses traffic signs to attack, and Talerdo has a frying pan as his main weapon.
- Cows and other animals look good enough for improvised projectiles.
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: Every police chief in Absurdo.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: Rikkipollo.
- In the Name of the Moon: Dark Pijama's version could be dubbed '''In The Name Of The XP".
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Boltrin from Dragon Mail, Monty from Las Paridas De La Guarida, Draco from Desi Y Draco... though there aren't many of them, if you think of it.
- One of Kenny Welles' alter-egos is the Bastard Horse (Caballo Hijoputa) from A Frikis Life.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: El Berserkito
- Leeroy Jenkins: He would be proud of El Berserkito.
- Leet Lingo: Atz4rx0rz, God of Chaos, needs a translator due to his leet speech.
- Poli's speech is quite weird, messing letters in every word she pronunces.
- The clones from HAI WE R ALIENZ speak in HOYGAN, a Spanish variant.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- The Lost Woods: Parque Infierno, a forest maze where anyone can get lost.
- Magical Girl-cat: Poli, the girl-cat, turns into a cat.
- Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game: That's how life goes for Dark Pijama, to the point that he has respawn points, collects loot he later equips - sometimes with amusing consquences - and goes in main and side quests.
- Master of Disguise: Kurochán. Her favourite disguise is Mr T.
- El Mejillón's spying machine.
- Meaningful Name: Jystmo le Bobo could be translated as Jystmo the Fool.
- There's a forest simply called Forest/Bosque.
- Are you Flowder? could be a good way to check someone's stupidity.
- Mutant: Deisi is a mutant Muridian, making her look more human-like than hamster-like.
- Narm: Giant enemy Colectivo appears. For Dark Pijama, it's just the final boss.
- No Sense of Direction: Talerdo is Absurdo's Ryoga. It is taken to the extreme in the second part of The Collector, were we see that his problem makes him able to violate time-space laws and travel long distances with only one step.
- One Woman Army: Kurochán and her disguises against Molgrim.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Cirle is a monster huntress... and a werewolf as well.
- Petting Zoo People: Poli is a girl-cat (not to be confused with a cat-girl) and Jolie is a something-girl (it hasn't been stated what she actually is... squirrel? dog? fox?).
- Due to her nature as a mutant Muridian, Deisi is sort of a hamster-girl.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Better not confuse Stonecow with Monroe.
- Revolving Door Casting
- Rule of Cool: What fuels this comic. Every single hero and heroine follows it.
- In fact, you have to be of a great level of coolness to handle the Mighty Hammer Molgrim. Kurochán is so awesome she can use it with ease. Her coolness ratings say so.
- And there's a council called "Consejo de los Hombres Guays" (Council of the Cool Guys), leaded by this comic's clueless Dumbledore the Great Pianof.
- Running Gag: Jystmo's passion for lemons and Flowder's ultimate stupidity.
- Talerdo getting lost is worth mention.
- The kiwi pie recipe.
- Shape Shifter: The Colectivo can take anyone's appearance and powers.
- Shout-Out: Some characters and locations seem to be taken from the author's and his friends' games in City of Heroes.
- The Squad: The LCP (Liga de los Chalados Peligrosos / League of the Dangerous Crazyfolk). Some of its members are Dark Gaze, El Mejillón, Poli, Stonecow, El Berserkito and Dark Pijama.
- The "Escuadrón Findelmundo" (Worldsend Squad), leaded by the titular Findelmundo, Numismática's rival. She's followed by ninja Rikkipollo, flame woman Teresita, Pianof's defective clone Puntopé, mute guy Flush...
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Happens with naked Colectivo Talerdo.
- Super Drowning Skills: Jystmo likes this.
- Taking You with Me: El Berserkito, against EL HULTIMEIT KOLEKTIBO.
- Technology Porn: El Mejillón is an expert on this.
- Together in Death: Berserkito and Dark Pijama, a non-romantic example
- Time Travel
- Unsound Effect: Nearly every sound effect suffers of this.
- Weapon of Mass Destruction: There are many items that could cause the end of the world as we know it, be it antique sticks, Death's scythe, the Mighty Hammer Molgrim, powerful gems...
- You ALL Share My Story
- You Monster!: What you'd say after the ''Colectivo'' reveals its plans.